Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Ultramarines

Started by Simeon Blackstar, October 04, 2009, 06:43:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Necris

Our greatest honour is dying knowing our duty is done

(I think I may have just spoiled the ending  ;D)
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Simeon Blackstar

Quote from: Necris on October 08, 2009, 09:00:24 AM
Our greatest honour is dying knowing our duty is done

(I think I may have just spoiled the ending  ;D)

They could do worse than an ending like that.  The whole 'noble sacrifice' thing is very 40kish.

Heroka Vendile

noble sacrifice for the good of the Imperium is kinda the reason for most of their armies
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Necris

Fear us for we are the Imperium we count the lives of worlds not the lives of men.
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

phil1103

I don't know if anyones checked back on this site recently, but they've announced the writer as none other than Mr Abnett himself. make of that what you will.

Quote from: Website
Codex Pictures revealed today the director and screenwriter for the forthcoming Warhammer 40,000 movie ULTRAMARINES.

The director is Martyn Pick, whose credits include the 2009 film The Age of Stupid, on which he was animation director; London 2012, the promotional film commissioned by Film London and the London Development Agency which was premiered at the Beijing Olympics; the 2001 US Budweiser NBA commercial; and the celebrated BBC promotional trailers for the Euro 2004 soccer tournament. Martyn was chosen to direct Ultramarines for his renowned and highly distinctive ability to fuse live action and animation and the fluid, rich painterly style of his film-making.

The screenplay has been written by someone who needs no introduction to Warhammer 40,000 fans – best-selling author Dan Abnett. Dan has penned more than 25 books for Games Workshop's Black Library, with total sales in excess of 1.2 million copies. He also works regularly for 2000 AD, Marvel Comics and DC Comics and has recently seen publication of the first of three novels for HarperCollins' new sci-fi, fantasy and horror imprint, Angry Robot.

ULTRAMARINES, a sci-fi thriller employing CGI and state-of-the-art production techniques, is being produced by Codex Pictures in association with Good Story Productions Ltd. The Canadian co-producer is POP6 Studios.

Hadriel Caine

whilst I am a huge fan of Mr Abnett's fiction (come on take a shot at me clavers you know you want to) his screen play leaves a lot to be desired. Look at those episodes of torchwood...
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

RobSkib

Which episodes did he write?
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

precinctomega

Not to mention his work for Boom! Studios...

R.

Heroka Vendile

Quote from: Adam Cunis on November 27, 2009, 02:14:11 AMLook at those episodes of torchwood...

what episodes did he write?? I know he wrote the rather good Border Princes from the first set of Torchwood books, didn't know he'd written an episode.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

N01H3r3

Quote from: Heroka Vendile on November 27, 2009, 06:33:57 PM
Quote from: Adam Cunis on November 27, 2009, 02:14:11 AMLook at those episodes of torchwood...

what episodes did he write?? I know he wrote the rather good Border Princes from the first set of Torchwood books, didn't know he'd written an episode.
From a quick search of the internet, it doesn't appear that he has written any episodes of Torchwood - he's written the abovementioned novel, Border Princes, and a Torchwood audiobook called Everyone Says Hello, but that's all he's done for them to date (alongside a Doctor Who novel and two Doctor Who audiobooks, and a number of Doctor Who comics in the late 80s and early 90s). As far as I can find, he's never done any writing for television or cinema to date - Ultramarines will be the first of that sort of media that he's written.
Contributing Writer for many Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay books, including Black Crusade

Professional Games Designer.

precinctomega

He has written a good number of comics, though, which have a very similar style to movie screenplays in layout.

R.

Myriad

Among the black library regulars he's probably the pick, (which is to say mediocre, admittedly)and at least has plenty of 40K background under his belt.  He fits with the apparent (to me) theme of making a fairly standard 40K based CGI without too much ambition.  I don't think, as a choice, he affects the 3% chance it'll be any good either way.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: precinctomega on November 28, 2009, 08:51:14 AM
He has written a good number of comics, though, which have a very similar style to movie screenplays in layout.

R.

Sinister Dexter anyone? i seem to recall he did some of Durham Red too?

A Quick Wiki confirms :D
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Hadriel Caine

hmm. my bad. Torchwood was awful anyway... guess thats not the point here though.
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

N01H3r3

Quote from: greenstuff_gav on November 28, 2009, 01:47:43 PM
Quote from: precinctomega on November 28, 2009, 08:51:14 AM

R.

Sinister Dexter anyone? i seem to recall he did some of Durham Red too?

A Quick Wiki confirms :D
And Superman. And Batman. And currently, pretty much everything that Marvel's done in the last year or so that's not set on Earth. He started his career with Comics, and then moved to novels later. He has, from something he mentioned at GenCon UK in 2008, even been asked to ghost-write as Tom Clancy, though he didn't take up the offer.
Contributing Writer for many Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay books, including Black Crusade

Professional Games Designer.