Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Unnamed Inquisitor - Completed, second post.

Started by mcjomar, April 24, 2016, 11:26:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcjomar

I've not finished with this one yet.
I'm trying a little more freehand - I'm thinking of repainting that shield with Malcador's sigil instead.
I'm also thinking of repainting the right shoulderpad regal blue and putting the shield symbol on there instead.
I'll maybe add some random sigils and glyphs to the shield to give it more pop somehow. I sort of want it to be more than a large chunk of metal.
I've tried to do a little basic blending on the visor - orange with cheek headlamps.
There's also some minor drybrushing on the plasma coils but we'll see how that works once I've given this model a little more tidying and a wash.
Still don't know what to name this one.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

mcjomar

And painting is "Done" for now.

I've done my best at freehanding a larger symbol this time.
Not sure if I got it right.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Van Helser

The freehand is pretty good. The shapes are bold and the lines are nice and straight.

As a bonus, I am pretty sure I haven't seen this combination of parts before. Nice to know there are still new ways to interpret the small range of figures out there.

Ruaridh

mcjomar

This combination of parts is a complete accident.
It was basically "well I'm done doing my existing conversions, but I have all these bits left over. Hmm, I know, I'll just glue it all together and see what happens on the other side!"

I still feel as if the freehand on the shield is a bit wonky somehow, but I guess maybe the wash I did is covering that up enough that I can get away with it for now (until I circle around to fix it later).

Adlan

Some of the best characters come from combining the left overs of other projects. I am no very fond of the model first method of character generation.

I love the shield and plasma combination, I can just picture him taking a knee, crouching behind the shield and poking the pistol out so any major failures melt the protection before his face. Same with the full face mask, it just makes sense.... while still being mad of course, this is 40k.