Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Two more WiPs

Started by mcjomar, April 24, 2016, 02:46:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcjomar

Welp, first up is my new Xanthite and his ex-servitorised minion.
The former is wielding a daemon hammer, as well as a power fist, MIU Psycannon, and PAC Shotgun.
He's pretty much a shoe in as a lieutenant bad guy (because the daemon in the hammer is the big boss bad guy, but this guy doesn't realise it).
His minion is a moron who has a big gun (the melta) plus a chain axe and a stubber (or revolver - it could be a laspistol!)

I grabbed these guys cheap off ebay because I needed to grab parts off these two for the third model to be turned into my techpriest.
So I fixed these guys up a bit to make their own two-person warband (not counting the giant demon model which I posted years ago but needs some repairs before I'll post a better picture of him)

Next up is an Ordo Malleus inquisitor and his Interrogator and a doctor to go with them.
The Inquisitor is wielding another powerfist, plus a forxe axe and an autopistol.
The interrogator has a PAC shotgun (or some other form of rifle type gun, not sure yet) and some Stuff in pouches.
The doctor has a laspistol, his medikit, and some sort of backpack with more Stuff.

These guys are some of my attempts at sculpting hair over spare bits left over from multiple conversions from when I was younger. They're not that great, but at least now they have some life.

I've also got a left-over running guy with sword, naval pistol, and stubber who isn't too great that I got in another ebay purchase.
Not sure if I'll consign his soul to the xanthite, or give him to the trio above.
He's got the same head (Slick) as the doctor model, haircut aside, so I'm leaning towards corrupting his soul for the good of the Imperium - it would give the Xanthite a minion who actually has some brains!
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

mcjomar

And more incoming.
First, this is the daemon that inhabits the Xanthite's hammer (or more accurately that inhabits the warp and is trapped there, but has a shard of its consciousness inside the hammer).

Next up, as requested, we have Lara Croft at Inquisitor scale with purely GW parts.

As you can see due to my poor GS skills, she has a bad case of Mickey Mouse hands.

Next up I've slightly altered that Interrogator with the gun on his back - he now has a stubber thanks to some spare Gruss parts.

Couple extra minion shots.

"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

mcjomar

Okay so I've done some more work.
I've tweaked the minion some more - I'm wondering if he should be a heretek instead.
I've also done some work on my Garret knock-off model.
I think I'll end up pairing up Lara and Garret as a cheese comedy warband for non-serious games/gaming groups.

Anyway, pictures:

So here's Garret on his own:

I still need a quiver for those arrows.
I'll probably grab a cheap 54mm tin archer or something.

Next up, more minion.

So when I got my techpriest it had all these mechadendrites supporting that meltgun over the shoulder.
My techpriest doesn't carry that sort of thing so I decided to rip out the mechadendrites and meltagun, and stuck the meltagun on this guy instead.
I think his left arm should also have an inbuilt laspistol too.

So he's now got a pincher mechadendrite, that one on the right shoulder is a ball lantern/torch thing.
And... uh, a spare skull I couldn't find a use for.
Now it's, umm, I don't actually know.

I'm thinking maybe that skull will be some sort of heretical (heretekal?) artefact or acheotech of some sort.
Something as dangerous to the wielder as the target. Maybe it's daemonic, I really don't know.
I just figured it might look cool.

Lord Borak

Nice conversions mate. Maybe the skull could have a load of gun sights in there? So it's some sort of slaved Gunskull target thingy. Where did you get the skull anyway? The scale looks spot on.

mcjomar

I found a pack of skulls - 4 full skulls 4 missing the lower jaw - on ebay. daniel kontraros or something. Kontraros anyway. 54mm skulls, last set. Lucky grab. The 4 without lower jaws will become hunter servoskulls.

As for that skull, I guess it could be additional gunsights and such.
Given this guy is the minion of a Xanthite though I do like the idea of some sort of heretical/daemonic thing.
But yeah I can see it being gunsights and such - very imperial, really.
When I paint it, the skull eyes will be glowy green though.

mcjomar

So I've updated that hammer.
It's now definitely a daemon hammer.

I'm guessing it'll be some sort of vampiric soul sucking flesh eating monstrosity.

Van Helser

The daemon hammer looks better with the extra gubbins. Wonderfully over the top, and I think it would look great if it is painted in an otherwordly, glowing, green/pink/blue. The mould lines on the skulls could do with a trim down with a knife though.

I like the minion a lot - Igor to his master's mad scientist.

Lara Croft could do with some smaller hands. I'd be tempted to look at some 28mm hands as she has quite skinny arms.

Ruaridh

mcjomar

She's got big guns though (I mean the weapons!).

But yes, the hands do bother me.

As to the daemonhammer, I was thinking brass, but with glowy bits either red/orange, or lime green, or electric blue.
I'm sort of borrowing from Doom3 influence of glowy bits as I've been replaying it recently.

mcjomar

So here's a bunch of WIP images.

RE: Lara.
I've got a couple options here.
A) SM Plasma pistols from 28mm
B) SM Bolt pistols from 28mm
C) Tempestus laspistols from 28mm which you can see in the picture, but I figure out how to convert both arms to use stubbers instead of laspistols (by converting the laspistols into stubbers that look like autopistols)

I'm inclined towards the last option, but it's the harder one. The other two are dumb easy, due to parts.

mcjomar

Sorry to bump, but could I beg for some feedback on the Lara model RE: which choice to make on the guns?
I figure her base guns would be stubbers to go with the shotgun.
That sound right?
If so, should I cannibalise the boltpistols, or try my idea of hacking up the tempestus pistols?

maglash1017

Going for the third option might be the most work but will probably look the best in the end. Also the models wrists look really thin: you might hve to thicken her lower arm a bit even with the 28mm hands. You are posting a lot of exciting work by the way, keep it up!

mcjomar

As this seems to be my WIP thread just now, here's a couple more.

First up, by attempt to sculpt a skull on the axe of my WIP techpriest.
I think it needs some tidying up. I'm not very good at GS sculpting much outside of hair/fur or possibly the occasional detail.

Finally, I've updated my female soldier's gun straps on her shotgun:

Is she ready for primer?

mcjomar

And here's Lara again, now cured of her mickey mouse hands.
She's wielding a pair of Hraki Mk VIII stubber pistols. The Mk IX is sometimes used by Sicarius Operatives as it is more compact, but Lara prefer the heft of the Mk VIII model, as it's much nicer when you need to pistol whip someone.

mcjomar

So Lord Borak now has my Thorian, and I have a few thorian sculpts.
Here's what I was going to do with the Thorian:

So, that's bolt pistol, power sword, sawn off shotgun (I guess?) stubber pistol in holster, and a knife, plus carapace.
He's literally a one man army. I'm not intending on giving him any support, unless otherwise allowed.

Think Malus Darkblade in 40k. But the Wp of the daemon is split between each weapon he carries, and each weapon emits a different power - which can only be used while he is specifically using that weapon - if he drops or loses the weapon, the Wp split of the daemon is recalculated, and he loses access to that power until he is able to recover said weapon. Nobody else will be able to use the powers tied to that weapon.

If he loses all weapons, then he may be in trouble of daemon possession.

(This is what happens when illumination goes wrong, but nobody figures it out until it is far too late - the dangers of radicalism!)

Lord Borak

The conversion came out well! The pose rocks. It looks like he's just about to hack apart a kneeling foe. That's a lot of gear. Almost as much as my 'one man army' ;)

I like the idea on the weapons. Why has he split a daemon into his weapons?