Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Community sculpting project: Crusader - WIP

Started by Cortez, April 29, 2016, 12:54:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcjomar

Ooh, that looks quite nice from this angle.
Not sure how the lower bit will handle her armour, but otherwise fantastic work!  :)
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

KaptiDavy

This one seems a bit large.. I know it's based on the head's size, but hey, why don't you try the original sororitas mask?

Cortez

Quote from: KaptiDavy on November 22, 2016, 07:13:28 PM
This one seems a bit large.. I know it's based on the head's size, but hey, why don't you try the original sororitas mask?

Yes it's a bit wide at the moment, the height is correct though. I should be able to adjust the sides a bit and make it sightly narrower.

Have you got a source picture of the sororitas mask? I could probably find it in my old white dwarfs, but they're in the attic. I'm not a fan of any of the sororitas helmets I could find on google (and most of the images of soritas seem to be bareheaded).

Cortez

Ok I've narrowed the helmet as much as I can and still fit the head inside. Do you think it still needs to be smaller?

side view:

side view of the first helmet:

Not sure whether or not to add hair coming from under the back of the helmets. Thoughts?

TallulahBelle

I like the first more than the second based on those shots but would love both and I would like to see maybe a plait from the helmet

as for weapons a chain axe or sword would be cool as would some sort of traditional European  medieval style sword.

Cortez

How time flies, apparently it's been 4 months since I last made any progress on this :(.

After several attempts at a close combat weapons that I was satisfied with, I finally managed to come up with a design that I liked:

So the model is finally finished :), unless I decide to change the boots, which I'm not happy with (I can do a better job I think, what I tried to do with the armour plates didn't really work).

Barehead:

Helmet 1:

Helmet 2:

Side:

Back:

realitybytes16

Lord Borak

My, what a dainty little chain axe you have.....

Looks great Cortez.

Cortez

Well this is it separated into it's component pieces:

I'll send it off to Shapeways later and see what it looks like printed. Hopefully I'll get it back before the next conclave event on the 11/18th March.

mcjomar

She looks very nice now.
I'm not sure which I would go with regarding the helmet/no helmet options.
I like the chain axe though. Very nice.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Cortez

I'm extremely pleased with how this model turned out in the end.

A few issues with thin walls  when sending it to shapeways (mostly minor such as the edge of her ear and the vents on one of the helmets, but their initial checks don't seem to like the raised detail around the neck armour), hopefully it'll pass the manual checks though. If it doesn't the adjustments I've made will hopefully fix the issues, otherwise I may have to redesign the neck armour piece which seemed to have ended up very thin around the raised detailing.

The only real question is what to sculpt next?

Maybe a death cultist? There's some good artwork in the rulebook that I can use as inspiration for one of those.

Maybe a veteran guardsman of some sort? Or something along those lines such as a Skitarii or a Naval trooper.

Any suggestions?

mcjomar

Gentleman assassin
Void born guard
servo-harnessed techpriest
storm trooper (kasrkin, please)
updated cadian?
space marine scout (I'm kidding).
localised law enforcement (i.e. not arbites)
more ecclesiarchy (other than a certain well rounded priest)
some more savants?
one of the Sisters Orders Famulous (hospitaller, or one of the linguists or something)
A valhallan?
Necromunda gangers at 54mm?
re-posable 54mm space marine bits (kidding again)
lots of bionics bits?
some high born nobles? Ladies and gentlemen etc
rogues, scum, scoundrels, etc?
maybe some 54mm animals?
servitors?
naval crews?
imperial diplomats?
a ratling?
or a squat?
ogryn?
some new faces/heads for male/female humans? with/without bionics?
Also more types of legs
and weapons
tools
gubbins. lots of that. irrelevant junk that provides lots of options, ideas, etc.
datapads, cogitators, servoskulls, books, notepads, quills, artefacts, lucky charms, coinpurses, parchment, candles, toolboxes, lockpicks, rope, hell crack open the necromunda/mordheim rulebook and work your way down the equipment lists.
Some improved heads for death cultists (the current ones have always looked a little... lacking, for my tastes).
replace the las-weapon packs?
maybe add additional flavours of projectile, so that we have more than the stubber, revolver, and autopistol? There's lots of projectile weapons in the game list that just aren't sculpted.
also alien weapons, etc.
Oh, auspex - I love those!
also more/better scaled hands, etc. That'd be nice.
I guess more close combat weapons too?

How about a psyker?

Cortez

I have been developing a decent collection of weapon sculpts. I need to get around to packaging them together at some point.

This includes the lasblaster from this model, a lever action rifle, a double barrelled hunting rifle/shotgun, a drum magazine autopistol, a double barrelled laspistol, a heavy laspistol (inspired by Han Solo's blaster), a standard laspistol and a holstered pistol.

I've also got a power sword and the chainaxe seen here.

A selection of male and female heads shouldn't be hard to produce and has been on my to do list for a while.

A stormtrooper/kasrkin could be an interesting project, especially if I include lots of options.

An ecclesiarchy character could also be interesting.

Hive gangers could be an option too.

Lots of options really :).

Lord Borak

STORM TROOPER/SCION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or Maybe a Sister of Battle. Although I'm looking to sculpt one of them soon*

Those are some great bits mate. I can't say I'm a fan of either of those Helmets but I like the bare head so it's a win for me. I didn't realise how, er, well endowed she was. Would you consider doing different weapons? It doesn't seem that hard to do a 'booster pack' of arms carrying different weapons.

*Soon for me anyway. So, this year if your lucky.