Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Community sculpting project: Crusader - WIP

Started by Cortez, April 29, 2016, 12:54:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cortez

Finally had time to assemble and start painting the model.

Bit of roughness revealed by the spraypaint on the back of her shoulder pads. However all the details have come out well, although I may want to adjust some areas of the sculpt to make it a bit sharper.

Scale shot:

Slightly taller than intended. I may scale it down a touch.

Van Helser

Looking good. Did it come with the alternate weapon options?

Ruaridh

Lord Borak

Great stuff. Shes painting up nicely. I can't see any nasty print lines.

So...... When can I get one? :D

TallulahBelle

That is a lovely model and i actually quite like the brush designed pistol reminds me of a DL44

Cortez

Well I've finally managed to get enough time to revisit this project.

Two poses for the sword and board Crusader:

I think I need to change the Cylindrical ammunition cartridge fora holstered pistol.

Shotgun armed version:

Van Helser

That shotgun is sweet.  Love the intricate design on it.  Really suits the crusader, and works well with her ornate armour.

There's a good blend of classical and futuristic on the design of the shield.  Incorporating the perspex window is a good touch.

Ruaridh

Lord Borak

Great stuff. I second the approval of the shotgun.  :o It's awesome. It's addition does make the spare magazine (for the lasgun) on her hip redundant though.

Cortez

I'm going to separate the spare magazine from her hip and make it an add on.

Cortez

Tweaked the pose for the right handed sword/shield version:

Which is better?

Previous version:

I am wondering if I need to move the shield handle up a bit. What do people think?

KaptiDavy

The right shoulder and right hip somehow looks weird... it may be only the camera angle, but there's definitely something going on between them
Maybe too much emphasis on them in the pose? I'm sure she's not that kind of girl

Cortez

RobSkib

I love the progress! My only gripe would be the lack of expression on her face, I was hoping for something with either a bit more zeal, or one of quiet contemplation, she just seems a bit stuck between them at the moment.

But yes, any idea when we can order them? ;)
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Cortez

You're right the expression is a bit bland.

This any better:

KaptiDavy

It's still a bit cover girl for me... so I 'd suggest two possibilities:

1. Let her step forward with the right foot, maybe on a rock or other debris. This would suit the pose of the upper body (I can imagine her gaining momentum to break down a door, or just stepping on a mutie's head)

2. Have her lean a bit forward (with a slight turn of the left shoulder) - this would make the pose more robust, combat-like

Pushing the hips to the opposite direction while turning the upper body a bit is usually to emphasize the breasts and buttocks in the silouette - something we all love to see, but I can't guarantee the Ecclesiarchy to judge in our favour

Cortez

There's a limit to how much I can alter the pose at this stage without needing to resculpt some of the detail.

I could change it to something like this to have her leaning more into the turn (this is actually closer to my original intention and the artwork):

Obviously this is just a test and will need some smothing on the joints etc.