Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Space Marine Helmet

Started by MiniatureReview, June 13, 2016, 03:54:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniatureReview

Just wondering what people have come up with as far as Space Marine helmets. 

I have a conversion I am working on and need to find a helmet.

Lord Borak

There are a few of us around here that can cast up the originals. It's a totally unofficial 'bitz service' but if you're after one I can pop one in the post to you. Just PM me your address.

MiniatureReview

Sweet.  PMed ya.

Here are my 2 Space Marines thus far.

I had to cut the legs at the knee, cut one foot off, and cut the lower body. Then I proceeded to pin everything together.

I eventually would like to have 3 of these guys.  I have 3 Eldar types and should be getting 3 Tau figures.  It would be nice to have different weapons on each figure, but I don't have any options at present other than what they came with.

Lord Borak

You can usually source 54mm weapons from 40k ones as the scale is hugely off in 40k. MArines are a bit harder because they're so much bigger but look to 40k Heavy weapons. I think a cut down Plasma Cannon works as a Plasma Pistol on a Marine. The Space Wolf Dreadnought Weapons work well as well. I think the Dreadnight Sword/Hammer scales pretty well as well. (I'm going to use the sword when I finally get around to my Marine).

Otherwise, I've seen Malicants Chainsword used numerous times but it is a touch small. Bolt pistols are also easily made by cutting down the Boltgun. In fact I have a resin one sitting about. I'll pop it in the post with the Helmet for you.

greenstuff_gav

ogre weapons work too; check The First Founding Project; imperial fists one is a good one :)
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination