Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Magnire

Started by Radu Lykan, June 22, 2016, 11:52:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Borak

I'm gonna say without as well mate. It's too much going on. Sheesh. This means I need to get my guys painted up!

Radu Lykan

Thanks for the opinions, decided against the halo, it just doesn't work for me but wanted to give it a try once it was suggested.
Started on his base last night and all of a sudden it was almost finished. Need to look at some occult symbols to add to the summoning circle, any suggestions?

Borak- slowly but surely I will catch up to your veritable army of guys :)

Lord Borak

Holy F.............. that marble is fantastic!! As for the Runes, how about looking in an old WHFB chaos warrior book for runes? They used to have an alphabet in there so maybe do some runes from there. Make words like "Chaos for the Win" or something.

maglash1017

Finally, someone who does a marble effect the right way! I hate seeing those weird veins people tend to paint, but you've really nailed the effect. For the symbols I echo what Borak said, although I personally would look for occult symbols outside of the fluff. I've got a book at home on the subject, If you need pictures just hit me up. How's the painting on the mini coming?

Van Helser

The marble looks amazing. Please could you tell us how you did that?

I have used the Daedric script from the Elder Scrolls for occult symbols before. A quick google should bring up the alphabet.

Ruaridh

Radu Lykan

cheers guys :)
will try a tutorial on the next base

Started working on some of Magnire's retinue. these are the guys whos souls he callously damns to hell by making them do all the chaos tainted stuff he needs doing

the start of a tzeentchy puppetmaster, gifted with various trinkets this one time charlatan hypnotist now has real power over others and can make them do his bidding

a summoned warp entity, Vorvadoss is bound within a human host, a great sacrifice, but his daemonic fires shrivel other daemons into nothing instantly

my brother in law has the dremel at the moment, once i get that back the skull face can go deeper into the hood, the model will sit atop a pillar of flames and have fireballs in each hand. am considering using fishing weights to use as ball and chains due to him being a bit top heavy when atop the flames, any advice on a size/weight? not being a fisherman leaves me sorely lacking whilst looking at weights on ebay.

this guy is less a user of tainted artifacts and more of a potential apprentice. as a not-ratskin he will have put aside his own faith and used technology to protect his tribe despite being disowned for it. seeing something akin to his own oblationist views in the not-ratskin magnire keeps this awesome tracker nearby

needs a lot of greenstuff to meld the wolf head into the skins on his back(and cover his not so human ears)

scale shot

am after any ideas for additions whilst at the beginning stages, dont want to get half way through and be unable to add any suggestions
thanks for any thoughts

Lord Borak

*Narrows eyes* I recognise that resin torso.......

They are a seriously freaky bunch of characters that's for sure! Love the Not-Ratskin chap. 4 Characters? I should bring 4 characters on Sunday? Ooooh Err. Ok.

Radu Lykan

Thought you might :)
Bring as many as you feel you need to take on the mighty magnire :)
Hoping to get these guys built by then, doubtful though, will see what I can do

So far somebody has suggested adding a stole to the puppeteer, an idea I am jumping on, any thoughts on the others?

KaptiDavy

Nice bunch! Good to see that ringwraith again 8)
As I have some plans resembling your charlatan I have to ask about those parts: where did you get that skirt and arms?

Quoteany advice on a size/weight? not being a fisherman leaves me sorely lacking whilst looking at weights on ebay.

Why don't you walk right in a fishing store (or however you call it over there), and search for the right size???

Van Helser

Quote from: KaptiDavy on October 12, 2016, 06:08:29 PM

As I have some plans resembling your charlatan I have to ask about those parts: where did you get that skirt and arms?

That skirt is from the classic Nagash model.

I like this creepy wee group Radu.   Look forward to seeing the wolf head melded into the model.  It could look great.

Ruaridh

RobSkib

Great conversions! I love their job description from Magnire being "Do all the Chaos stuff I don't have time to do".

Do you have any more shots of the ratskin? The side-on photo doesn't give much away...
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Radu Lykan

Kaptidavy- as has already been said the robed legs are from the Natasha model but are on back to front for variation, the arms are from the pink horrors box
Vanhelser- cheers
Robskib - more pics will happen next time I get a chance to work on them

Not a modelling update but a gaming one.
Lord Borak's bounty hunter was after a forbidden tome that was in the hands of a shadowy cult.
Inquisitor magnire had been informed of a possible attempt to summon a daemon.
The action kicked off with magnire and his team entering the industrial facility, they were quickly intercepted by a couple of cultists who engaged henchman Haans in melee. Hans took a few blows before magnire charged in and smashed one cultist to the ground whilst the puppeteer ensnared the mind of the other. Ominous chanting was heard on the wind, it seemed the summoning ritual had already begun! Magnire moved into the cover of some barrels, ordering his minions to find the leaders of the ritual and stop them before they could finish their unholy rite. Vorvadoss the daemon host was a part of this group and relished the chance to put some distance between itself and the hateful wards carried by magnire.
at this point the sound of gun fire erupted from the other side of a large silo, as magnire moved to investigate he saw an armed female up on a gantry looking down the barrel of her lasgun straight at him. After a tense standoff where magnire declared he was a member of His holy inquisition and that this area was now under quarantine,  she decided she didn't want to mess with the inquisitor and holstered her weapon and left the area.
In the mean time the sound of conflict grew to a crescendo, fully automatic weaponry was being unleashed on Haans, more cultists were present than expected.
The bounty hunter had chopped his way through three or four cultists when he saw another robed figure, assuming it was a cultist he opened fire but the robed figure ran up a flight of stairs with a bemused looking cultist slowly following him. The bounty hunter gave chase followed by his pit slave body guard. After trading a few blows the puppeteer fled, jumping over the railings and leaping to the ground. The bodyguard charged the cultist being controlled by the puppeteer and impaled him with his drill implant, behind dead cultist however was Vorvadoss the daemon host.....
A hiver in the bounty hunters employ brought up his bolter and opened fire on the puppeteer who had just dropped into sight before he could get to cover, failing to hit but pinning him in place.
In an effort to not get shot the puppeteer mind controlled the hiver but the control was short lived some quirk of fate allowing the hiver to shrug off the mental intrusion and blast a large hole in his chest.
Haans was shot in the arm causing him to drop his axe as he charged an auto gun wielding cultist who was guarding the gantry leading to the ritual, although this prolonged the combat his armoured gauntlets soon ground the cultists skull into paste.
The daemon hosts flaming hands flailed against the pitslave who's industrial weapon implant seemed unable to penetrate the daemons auror and so he was eventually slain despite his combat experience.
His bindings already weakened by distance from magnire and his power buoyed up by the pitslaves fresh soul Vorvadoss broke magnires control over him and charged into him. Magnire was no fool though and renewed his protective wards every day, their power weakening the daemonhost enough that magnire could defeat him.
With the puppeteer escaping his clutches the bounty hunter had continued up the silo tower, slashing his chain sword at Haans, Haans however had explicit orders to stop the ritual at all costs lest the daemon be summoned and the world become its feasting grounds. Haans continued running up the stairs, bursting into the middle of a summoning circle. Attacking the deacon who was aiding the priest with the ritual he thumped him so hard he fell from the tower making an ugly mess on the ground below.
It was too late however as a daemon ripped its way into the material realm and charged into Haans making short work of him. The priest after trying to control the daemon realised something had gone wrong, the beast before him was not under his control and so he turned tail and fled straight into the bounty hunter who's chainsword ran slick with the heretics blood. Picking up the heretical tome the priest had been using for the ritual he was amazed by magnire who thundered up the stairs straight into the newly spawned daemon. The fight between them could go either way and so he stepped in to help and had to imediatley duck as a hail of bolter shells smashed into the daemon, the hiver was hosing the daemon with every rocket propelled shell in his gun. Perhaps if the daemon had had more time to become accustomed to the material universe it could have defended itself against the explosive rounds but they bit into its strange substance and exploded, while it mewled around in apparent agony the bounty hunters chainsword hewed it into many different pieces that with a gut wrenching shriek suddenly disappeared.
With a roar of triumph the bounty hunter raised his chainsword above his head but blacked out as a massive powered fist smashed against his helm. Despite the bravery of the unknown warrior magnire knew that purgation by death was the safest way to ensure this heresy did not resurface. Now, where was that hiver?

Excuse the dodgy write up but am knackered after what was an amusing and thrilling but ultimately long game of inquisitor :)
Only took the one pick but it shows the carnage :)  bodies were left where they fell

Highlights for me were Haans taking a kick in from everything he looked at and yet still almost managing to stop the ritual and the oh crap moment when Vorvadoss went rogue, also actually having somebody back down when youur character shouts " In the name of His holy inquisition" was great :)

Lord Borak

Brutal.......

My poor Bounty Hunter. He carved his way through so many opponents and carved up a Daemon!! Only to get one punched in the chest by Magnire just as the dust was settling....

Magnire might get a shock though when the Bounty hunter informs him he's an Undercover Inquisitorial agent ;)

It did make me chuckle when the pit fighter got shot in the back of the head by a cultist and then for the exact same cultist to get shot in the back of the head by a bolter the next round.

aeprod

Neato!

What models did you use for that army of red cultists?

Any chance you have any close up photos of them - they look like they have some decent variety to them  :)

TheClassyGamer

Yeah, I would like to know about those cultists as well, they look pretty cool from what I can see.  I should like to get my filthy paws on some and start my own cult someday.