Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Community Challenge: Build a member of a minor Xenos race

Started by Van Helser, July 01, 2016, 08:43:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maglash1017

Looking great, the robotic parts are sculpted with precise, straight lines which is always hard to do. Only part I can critique would be the tail, it seems like it's missing some mechanical parts.

greenstuff_gav

<<<INCOMING TRANSMISSION>>>
<<<TEXTONLY>>>
<<<FROM: Adept Decius Stolt>>>
<<<SUBJECT: Kark Procreation >>>
<<<THOUGHT: Man and Machine as One>>>

Hail brethren

We have been lucky enough to witness the procreation procidures of the Kark, albeit with slight injury; my own failing for fogetting these are wild animals with which we are dealing.
However the medicae has attended me and i have been cleared to continue my work.

As noted, with the twin suns scorching the planet mating rituals have begun amongst the pack weare follwoing.

It appears that the species is hermaphrodidic; the male or dominant partner during procreation simply having the larger size; until now we had failed to account that the Kark grow according to power as well as diet.
The dominant partner mounts the smaller Kark in a manner similar to a canine; a slew of connections made from their groin toward a series of trailing cables upon the Karks back; while each has individual sizes and quantity of connections apparently the Virus adjusts these extreminities to form fitting connections.
During this act, we witnessed fliuds being transferred to the passive Kark; we assume this is genetic data to form a unique offspring.
It is worth noting that after this pairing, the smaller Kark will not be mounted again but may mount smaller Kark.

It was in an attempt to examine these connections that Constance bit me; i can assume the Virus adjusting such unique extremities must be uncomfortable.

After the frenzy of pairings, matters calmed as the second sun passed over the horizon.
It was now that behaviour adjusted dramatically; the unmounted Kark continued their scavenge for sustinance, however they bought the most interesting finds to the mounted Kark and several of the smaller Kark moved more like a close pack; it appears the ones gestating form huddles to restrict the distance "males" have to bring sustenance.
The "females" had a massive gain in appetite, even eating stone and rock, until they give birth to a sphere of stone and metal, from which hatches a tiny Kark, again each unique and hungry!
They are hatched fully formed and are able to move and fend for themselves with stone teeth until they have digested enough metal to form a set of metallic teeth.

As to why some of teh Kark were unable to conceive and some of the "eggs" not hatching further examination is required along wit hthe documentation of their unique genitalia, if such a term is even appropriate!

The Will of Metal Endures Longer Than The Flesh Of Man

Tech Adept Stolt
2569-8-RA1-F54
<<<FILE ATTACHED>>>
<<<TRANSCRIBING>>>
<<<DONE>>>

<<<TRANSMISSION ENDS>>>

nearly done; i've lost my favourite rivet tool so may not go crazy on the detailing!
hoping to undercoat tomorrow or sunday, ready to paint! :)
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

greenstuff_gav

<<<INCOMING TRANSMISSION>>>
<<<TEXTONLY>>>
<<<FROM: Adept Decius Stolt>>>
<<<SUBJECT: Kark Procreation >>>
<<<THOUGHT: Man and Machine as One>>>

Hail brethren

Forgive the delay in sending this missive as we have had to... reorganise the explorator team here thanks to some... unwillingness to focus on the task at hand.

We have had the experience of witnessing the brith of the Kark and a remarkible procedure that entails.

After mating the "female" Kark grow in stature and bulk up in their abdomen, appearing todistend between the legs, all the while devouring anything they find or are bought by the pack not carrying an egg.
after a period of between 4 and 6 weeks an egg is regurgitated by the "female" and i am positive they reduce in mass but this wil lrequire further examination.
This egg is metallic and apparently slightly soft, however i was unable to interact with any of the eggs.
The Kark inside will, after a couple of hours, break out of his egg and are immediatly mobile and selfsufficient.
hey are remarkably less armoured and display less mechanical parts than older Kark, but their omniverous nature is displayed as they eat the metallic egg.
As the Kark eats more and more they begin the cycle of feeding the Virus and grow in size and their metallic symbiotic parts meld and alter across their life.

Their skintone is worth noting; rather much like the reactive plate of the Astartes, their "organic" flesh alters according to the temperature and local fauna, patterns appearing and fading with every substancial meal.
Consuming coloured plate also apparently affects them; Constance ate some plasteel coloured blue and i can certainly see some of the colour in her own armourplate; i enclose an updated image.

I must cease this report now; we have been losing tools and this keypad appears very tacky to my touch.

The Will of Metal Endures Longer Than The Flesh Of Man

Tech Adept Stolt
2569-8-RA1-F54
<<<FILE ATTACHED>>>
<<<TRANSCRIBING>>>
<<<DONE>>>

<<<END TRANSMISSION>>>

Build Your Imagination

Van Helser

She looks brilliant. Nice bit of fluff too.

I must get mine done. Set a deadline of 1/10/16. Can't believe how quick that's come around!

Ruaridh

Cortez

Oh dear are we that close to the deadline. I've only sculpted the head so far, not even finished the hair... oops. Looks like I'll be busy for the next few evenings then.

Van Helser

Yeah, it has snuck up quickly.  There's a gale coming in up here, and any attempt at priming is going to result in me or the garden getting a coat of Chaos Black.  I may miss my own deadline.  How embarrassing.

We can pretend there was never a deadline in the first place if everybody likes!

Ruaridh

greenstuff_gav

i beleive you can make it! ;)
on the flipside, as a fun community thing i doubt anyone'll be too miffed; i'm gonna be away till the 7th anyway!

Build Your Imagination

Radu Lykan

With a lot of rl crap going on I knew I wouldn't hit the deadline so didn't really bother. If there's now no deadline pressure I might start on some thing?

Van Helser

Quote from: greenstuff_gav on September 27, 2016, 09:46:20 PM
i beleive you can make it! ;)
on the flipside, as a fun community thing i doubt anyone'll be too miffed; i'm gonna be away till the 7th anyway!

Gales and heavy rain here, so no spray priming today or tomorrow by the looks of things.

Radu, there's no need to worry about a deadline I picked out of thin air - it was really just an impetus tool (that hasn't worked on me!)

Ruaridh

greenstuff_gav

Worked on me :)
Even trying for a baby one and its inspired a new character so i can play the crew!

Build Your Imagination

Cortez

Looks like I'll be a few days late with this :(. I have actually made some progress though. The hair is done, and I've posed the model and started work on the clothing (what there is of it) and weaponry.

Cortez

Well I've just about finished the sculpt.

I might add a few extra details such as stitches to the skirt and boots and maybe a few more scales here and there, before I send it to shapeways. I'm also not sure whether or not to add a combat knife/machete to the model as I'm not sure where to put it.

It's not my best sculpt and the pose is a bit static, but overall I'm fairly satisfied with her.

mcjomar

One of these days I'll make use of shapeways myself I think.
I've got the software, I just need the practice.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Lord Borak

She looks good. I did think she was human at first to be honest with you. I'm thinking she doesn't look 'alien' enough but other wise she's fantastic. More details are always good but they can be added afterwards.

Oh, a less human looking gun would be good as well.

greenstuff_gav

And price for reprints ;)
I like the almost humanish look; very asari
Maybe less digets qould help along with the alternate weapon?

Build Your Imagination