Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Community Challenge: Build a member of a minor Xenos race

Started by Van Helser, July 01, 2016, 08:43:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobSkib

Yes! I'm super up for this. How obscure are we allowed - does it have to be completely homebrew or are we allowed to tinker with some of the 'established' minor xenos races? I've got a bit of a thing for the Umbra from Xenology as well as the Slaugth from the WH40k RPG series...
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

greenstuff_gav

on the last 'clave, didn't the community develop the Dog Soldiers some?
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Heroka Vendile

@Aurelius digging the Jokero, under-utilised species in the background I think. He's got a very "sassquatch" pose  ;)
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Aurelius

Quote from: Heroka Vendile on July 17, 2016, 01:25:35 PM
@Aurelius digging the Jokero, under-utilised species in the background I think. He's got a very "sassquatch" pose  ;)

Cheers mate! Haha well he has that pose as he is based on the Reaper 'bigfoot' mini, I think that sculptor nailed the famous pose  ;)
Actually almost finished painting this guy, so will hopefully post him up soon. I think they do make a cool character, I've overcome the 'no language' thing with a translator box on his front which he has pieced together, to allow for basic communication.

Van Helser

Quote from: RobSkib on July 16, 2016, 09:32:05 AM
Yes! I'm super up for this. How obscure are we allowed - does it have to be completely homebrew or are we allowed to tinker with some of the 'established' minor xenos races? I've got a bit of a thing for the Umbra from Xenology as well as the Slaugth from the WH40k RPG series...

If it's part of the background and doesn't have a 54mm model then it is fair game. Really interested to see how you'd model an Umbra...

@Gav -  I have distant memories of the Dog Soldiers. There may have even been models, or at least miniatures that would have been conversion fodder. I don't recall who worked on them though.

@Aurelius - I remember that Sasquatch! Good to see it has been dusted off. Obliterator virus would be an interesting way to take it.

Ruaridh

greenstuff_gav

i remember looking at the Rackham Wolfen but that's about all :lol:

i've started a sculpt; a fairly avian looking Xenos race that's quite different to my normal "style". .slow work and little to show while i sort out the sketchlayer!

Build Your Imagination

RobSkib

Quote from: Van Helser on July 20, 2016, 10:00:42 AMIf it's part of the background and doesn't have a 54mm model then it is fair game. Really interested to see how you'd model an Umbra...

After a quick google, there are a couple of instances of 28mm umbra, but no 54mm.

I had always liked the passage from Xenology about one of the preliminary reports of the Umbra, specifically the bit where it mentions how it could even control the darkness in the pupils of your own eyes...
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Van Helser

Those do look interesting.

I've begun pinning and filing away mould lines and the like, and realised I have a bit of nightmare fuel here...

As you can see he's a lanky hunter.

Now, this may be a long shot, but does anyone have the K'nib multi launcher from the Kroot mercenary lying around, and would they be willing to part with it?  I think it would be the perfect implant weapon for this guy.

Ruaridh

Alyster Wick

I might have a complete knib launcher arm, I definitely have one cut off at the elbow. If that's useful PM we and we can work something out, I'm definitely willing to part with it. Frankly I'm not overly attached to it so I'm pretty open in regards to trades.

greenstuff_gav

i'm about 1/2 way done on my sculpt, got the basic background sorted .. took me a photo and it looks terribad so gonna hold off posting actual pics :lol:

Build Your Imagination

TallulahBelle

Question... Would a demon count for this or is that too abnormal/like human aa im currently with the help of lord borak plotting one.

Van Helser

Quote from: jediknight129 on July 29, 2016, 02:57:54 PM
Question... Would a demon count for this or is that too abnormal/like human aa im currently with the help of lord borak plotting one.

A daemon-possessed or chaos worshipping xenos would fit the outline of the challenge.

Ruaridh

TallulahBelle

He's certainly humanoid in shape but not a human, at this stage I'm not exactly sure what he was before the ruinous powers touched him at least based on the concept. He's an odd one tbh. The face the stance dom't really suggest human to me merely humanoid.  He's annoying me. Will post pics when he's at a workable stage.

krenshar

Not sure that I can contribute to this project myself but I do have a couple of ebay-rescue models that might be of interest/inspiration.
Both were bought from a seller by the name of cerberus_reborn2012 but that's the closest I can get to giving credit where it's due.
I originally planned to repaint them but can't bring myself to undo the effort that's been put in.

The first, based on a metal LoTR cave troll was sold as a 'mutant gladiator' and has inspired me to create this background piece.

The fleshtone actually includes more purple than shows in this pic.

The second is my favourite of four 'alien bounty hunters'.  Can't see myself fielding them as a whole warband though they might see action one day as NPCs.

Lord Borak

Those are some freakish abominations!! LIKE 'EM!  ;D

Mutant Gladiator......... Pah. I guess I didn't get there first then  ::) I'm certainly going to be looking at my old Fantasy monsters a bit differently from now on though.