Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Community Xenos Challenge - 54mm Jokaero Weaponsmith

Started by Aurelius, July 24, 2016, 10:36:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurelius

As part of the Community Xenos challenge, I present my 54mm Jokaero Weaponsmith, Kwenkawu.

-------+++++ greetings Inquisitor.....accessing file......----+++

Although Jokaero are usually found living in family units, Kwenkawu found himself separated during a raid on a settlement. Since then, he has wandered the galaxy, gaining passage by working on a variety of tramp freighters, pirate vessels and even on a Rogue Trader's personal flagship.

He now finds himself in the employ of a radical member of the Ordo Xenos, who makes good use of his natural affinity with technology.

While it is often reported that Jokaero have no language of their own, Kwenkawu has developed a translation device and vox unit which allows for a form of crude communication with his colleagues.

He has developed a taste for fine Imperial Amasec, and carries a hip flask of it wherever he travels. His backpack is full of spare parts and pieces of salvaged tech. This allows him to construct a new weapon or item as required in the heat of battle. The Inquisitor pays for his service with Amasec and pieces of Archeotech.

Kwenkawu's main weapon is a gun-glove of his own construction, which contains a variety of Las, Stub and Needle weaponry, and a built in shot-selector. He also has a one-shot inferno pistol secreted in an ornate digital weapon ring.

Not a particularly strong fighter, he can often be found on the fringes of a battle, providing supporting fire and creating new items to support other members of the war band. However when a locked door needs opening, a vault unlocked or a cogitor hacked, Kwenkawu is the first member the Inquisitor turns to.

------------++++++ end text.... loading vid cap.....

And finally a size comparison shot - he's shorter than a human, but this seems to fit in with the 28mm version.

Hope you like him,
Cheers Aurelius

Lord Borak

That...... and the scenery as well I might add, is awesome. I was a bit dubious at first (sorry!) but the paint job has really brought him out.

RobSkib

Awesome! Like Borak said, he looks great against the backdrop. He definitely looks more badass than the fairly goofy image of the Jokaero I had in my head, the lovable apes who can build their way out of any problem.
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Aurelius

Haha yeah it really is a goofy idea from the Rogue Trader times. Bit hard to see, but the scar and white blind in one eye was a last minute addition, guaranteed to add bad-ass credibility to any charcter ;) The teeth were also a last minute addition, gives him a good grimace.

No worries about being dubious Lord Borak, I was too honestly! The armour plating on the back of the gun hand really balanced it out, and painting the greenstuff work brought it all together quite well.

The scenery is a left over bit of 28mm scenery I made ages ago, but definitely want to make Inquisitor scale in this style. Kind of a ruined grandeur feel.

Heroka Vendile

It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy