Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Sacred Blade Miniatures - New 54mm Warband (WIP)

Started by Aurelius, August 29, 2016, 04:53:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurelius

Yet more WIP models - I've really hit my stride at the moment! Or am butterflying between characters... (and yes that is my WIP space hulk for BFG in the background lol)

Around 10 years ago, a company called Sacred Blade released quite a large range of 54mm miniatures, clearly inspired by Inquisitor. The size and quality is fairly all over the shop, but they are a good basis for conversions. Part of the problem seems to be weapon choices and sizes - often to large and ungainly. I acquired a full set at a bring and buy for a good price, and have slowly been piecing them together. There are cultists, dark eldar, daemons, big guys in armour, and other random types.

These are the first three;

The middle is my favourite - a perfect, low key Inquisitor. He is going to become my Inquisitor Aurelius. He has a really cool fist with bladed fingers, and a bionic left leg. This is the best of the bunch, with nicely sculpted face, cloak and details. All I have added was an Inquisitorial rosette, and I think he is complete.

The other two are a bounty hunter of sorts (a rather flat sculpt, the jacket lacks depth, and the head is too small - will add rebreather and some gear on the back to add some width and bulk), and a cool assassin with lots of battle damage, revealing extensive bionics. She will become a techno-assassin. Was missing the right hand, but a dark eldar hand was a perfect fit. Looking at her now, the sword does look too large (this came stock with the kit), so I may replace it.

I will add more detail pics once I get a bit further on, but thought I would post them as I had certainly never heard of the company before.

Cheers
Aurelius

Van Helser

Sacred Blade totally passed me by when they were released.  Don't think I've ever seen these models before.   The cloaked figure does look to be the best of this bunch.  Look forward to seeing what you do with the others. 

Ruaridh

Lord Borak

The middle miniature looks great to be honest. His pose is great and I love the half cloaked look. Plus the power glove looks awesome.

Radu Lykan

Have to agree on the half cloaked look being great, idea stolen/stored in my inspiration folder. Might that shoulder pad work for a miu pistol of some kind?

RobSkib

Slap an oversize shoulder pad on that bounty hunter and you'll be good to go!

I recall seeing the centre mini before a long, long time ago, I can't remember for the life of me who painted it though. I haven't seen the other two before - are these still in production?
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Aurelius

Hi guys, these are OOP now but seem to crop up on ebay for around $10 USD each, not too shabby.
If anyone would like the contact details of the store I bought them from (it was an actual trader), shoot me a PM and I will put you in touch. He is in Australia. Looks like he had a fair few of these for sale.

The bounty hunter face is really weirdly pinched back under the chin, so needs a rebreather I think. Big shoulder pad is a good idea too.
The cape guy is easily my favourite, I can't help but feel it is from a different sculptor.

I will be posting more of this range as I unbox them if people are interested? I have a cool Alien bounty hunter (a cross between Krashrak and a Predator it seems), and a really cool assassin with extra bladed limbs.