Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

"Biotech Covenant Neo-prospector"

Started by RobSkib, August 31, 2016, 09:22:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobSkib

This is new from Hi Tech miniatures, and I'm utterly enthralled by it. My only concern is scale - I think I've only ever seen one scale shot of a Hi Tech mini against a heroic 54mm model before and it looked a bit off.

Does anyone have any scale shots of this model (or other Hi Tech minis) they could share please? It's completely gorgeous but it's quite an expensive shot in the dark at £35+...
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

maglash1017

the picture says 60mm to the eyeline. Looks like its on the big side, but seems doable. Hands and "head" seem like they're in GW's heroic scale.

Cortez

That's a pretty chunky base he's on. Looks like it should be ok.

Aurelius

Very cool. My experience with Hitech is that they are pretty chunky, but not outrageously so. I have this guy

Will try and get you a size comparison. Be warned though, the base is likely to be cast integrally with the mini, and the lip/rim of mine was poorly poorly sculpted, all messy and bumpy. I hacked him off the base and rebased him, a lot of work for a pricey mini.
And size wise, my guy is clearly in power armour, and that tech marine almost looks to be in terminator armour - so being gigantic kind of fits...