Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

The Golden Aegis Affair - Potential Gaming Day

Started by greenstuff_gav, October 07, 2016, 07:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radu Lykan

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
Oh dear
My attendance on the 11th was assured but any date after in march is a no due to holidays and my wife's training courses.
Let's hope they can squeeze us in

MarcoSkoll

I'm free on the 18th.

As two asides:

- I've messaged RobSkib on Facebook, and he seems interested, although it depends on the date and whether he can move other things around. I could try appealing to other old players I have in my friends, but I'm not expecting much interest from others.

- Any (more) willing volunteers for some IRE playtesting for a game or two? It shouldn't need to disrupt the plot of the event.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Lord Borak

Radu, Hopefully the 11th will clear up and we can squeeze some tables in. In fact, I might phone them again tomorrow and ask them to call me if any tables come up spare.

greenstuff_gav

I can do 18th but prefer the 11th!
Will get the campaign finished and intro postedmonday.. 4 games about right?
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

Four games is doable (more so at a campaign event rather than the IGT, when the organiser doesn't need time to add up loads of scores in private), although they can still be left a bit pinched for time, particularly if there's delays at the start or lunch.

GW's =I= articles

Lord Borak

Ok, there have a(one) table free on the 11th so I have booked that. I have also 'booked' two more should any more come free. They will call and let me know.  ;D

Radu? At least we can get some games in. One table sucks but hopefully more will come free.

mcjomar

Well I guess the 11th is back on? Sort of?
Because it doesn't look as if I'd be able to make the 18th.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

MarcoSkoll

Well, 1 table between about 8 people is obviously a teensy weensy issue. So what's the plan then - is there going to be just some people on the 11th and then push on with a bigger she-bang on the 18th too, or are we hanging on the hope we'll get another table or two for the 11th?

GW's =I= articles

Cortez

What was the plan for the space marine event? Would that require more than one table?

We could do with two tables really, not ideal, but doable for 8 people if we only use 2 chars each.

I don't think I can justify going to Nottingham two weekends in a row I'm afraid.

Radu Lykan

Was hoping for at least two tables but am sure fun can be had on one.
It might be a ball ache but maybe having two different campaigns ready to go dependent on table availability?

mcjomar

I'll be bringing my Inquisitor case, so I'll be good for just about anything, either way, including sitting around and jawing if that's what's needed.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

greenstuff_gav

i need to know what day; can't do both and if its the 18th i need to cancel some other plans
have the standard campagin finished, 7 games including the finale, just need tidyup and making into a PDF for printing
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Lord Borak

Just an idea. Why doesn't someone else try to book a table? They might limit them to each person calling. (they've done that to me before)

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Lord Borak on February 27, 2017, 11:18:27 PMWhy doesn't someone else try to book a table?
I'll give it a shot tomorrow, but I figure it is kind of optimistic to be trying to snag tables this late on a weekend they've got an event on.

EDIT: Of course, the risk then is that they put the tables at entirely different ends of the hall, which would be less than entirely convenient.

GW's =I= articles

Cortez

Are we still going for the 11th for this? How are we going to organise it if we can't steal another table ;) ?

We could use teams of two with each player controlling one character. We should be able to manage it although it'll end up being a bit friendly with 8 people round one table!