Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

The Golden Aegis Affair - Potential Gaming Day

Started by greenstuff_gav, October 07, 2016, 07:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenstuff_gav

we've been quiet as of late and i've just got back from a week in Corfu where i've finished a campaign i'd half written for Van Helsers visit and i've almost completed the Mahlau Affair, a spacemarine themed campaign

i doubt we'll get anything in this year but any thoughts on a campaign day? any preferances for location? Warhammer World or Dark Sphere or even at my local club at Radstock ;)
any months to avoid? lets get some gaming going :)
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Cortez

Yeah we need to get some gaming in. Probably too late to do anything before Christmas now, although it would be nice if we could squeeze something in even if it was just some sort of general game day with no overall campaign.

I've got an idea for a campaign day of my own brewing which I was thinking maybe of trying to run in the new year.

I'm fairly easy for location although Warhammer World is easiest, but I'm willing to stay overnight and can usually bunk with my Brother if it's in/near London.

Lord Borak

I'm free for some games! Just let me know and I'll book the dates off.

Do you need anything for your game Gav? NPC etc?

greenstuff_gav

if we're at WHW i could do with guardsmen / militia as most of mine are non GW :)

i could look at possibly November but i'd need to ask the missus / depends on the venue!

Build Your Imagination

Lord Borak

WHW is fine with me. I prefer driving to Notts than Driving or getting into London by Train. It also makes getting terrain/cases easier with the car!

I can do a squad (10) Guardsmen not a problem. I was going to ask Thantos to cast some stuff up for me but it may be of the rarer things like Stealers/Marines as Guardsmen I have moulds for. I have my 11 Cultists as well for more fodder if needed.

mcjomar

I'd be interested, but I would need good lead time on the date so I could figure out how to pull it off.

As long as it's not around the 16th/18th of November (roughly) I should be good (I hope).

E:
RE guard, there are currently some cheap 54mm Tehnolog Ice Worlder Guard looking models available on the cheap.
Don't know if those would be of any use.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

greenstuff_gav

i've got a load of Victrix and Technolog NPCs but am hesitant about using too many at WHW!

Build Your Imagination

mcjomar

IIRC GW doesn't tend to mind as long as the model is 40k enough to pass muster.
I mean, the old rules regarding the GTs was that the model has to be above a certain % of GW'ness or whatever, and it would be fine.
So if you strap enough gubbins, aquilae, and whatever else to the model(s) you could probably get away with it.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Van Helser

I am unlikely to be available for any gaming for a good while.  Expect the arrival of my firstborn in February will put the brakes on weekends away for a few months at least.

Ruaridh

Cortez

They seemed to be fine with those cheap plastic napoleonic toy soldiers someone converted to an IG unit in the past. They asked about them but were fine when we explained that they were toy soldiers with a lot of greenstuff.

realitybytes16

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Cortez on October 08, 2016, 09:15:25 AM
They seemed to be fine with those cheap plastic napoleonic toy soldiers someone converted to an IG unit in the past.
I certainly had a conversation like that regarding my NPC guardsmen - I said they were army men* covered in a load of greenstuff and Cadian parts, and that staffer at least didn't seem to have a problem with it.
*This was a little conservative with the truth, as they were specifically Airfix 1:32 WWII British Paratroopers, but aside from being slightly higher quality, they even come in most of the standard poses as the 'pocket money at the local toy store' variety.

The only time I can recall any problem at all was when an unpainted model (and thus clearly not a GW resin) had been left out in the middle of our "display" table, and even then they were very polite about it.

Anyway. Definitely interested, but it of course depends on dates (and, to an extent, location).
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

TheNephew

I'll put my lone vote in for Dark Sphere, mostly because everything else is unpleasantly impractical travel-wise.
The last couple of times I got up at 04:30 to get to Notts in time, I was in no state to game, really.

WHW is probably a better venue for table space, elbow room and terrain availability though, not to mention an interested audience.

As for the not-too-obvious non-GW bits, I can't imagine they've got .that. much more draconian in the last couple of years.
I'm pretty sure we had a couple of Gav's Liwets, among other things, studied in detail by a staffer, and only positive things said.

Radu Lykan

Whw works best for me, as mentioned above the more notice on the date the more likely my attendance.

mcjomar

Locations wise I'm good either way.
I live near london, but if it's WHW I can probably book a travelodge or maybe stay with parents (good excuse to grab more of my warhammer stuff, which I'm now slowly selling off in bits as I want to downsize my 40k footprint).