Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

The Golden Aegis Affair - Potential Gaming Day

Started by greenstuff_gav, October 07, 2016, 07:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cortez

What are people thinking about date wise for this? Can we squeeze it in before Christmas? Or is better to wait until the new year?

RobSkib

I'd be surprised if we can squeeze it in before Christmas - I'm not sure about you guys but my Christmas is apparently booked up to the beginning of November!

In a related note, have you tried using http://doodle.com/ to organise such events? I use it all the time for my DH/RT campaigns, it's a really good way of sorting out times and dates without having to keep scrolling back through a forum thread.

Rob
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

MarcoSkoll

My schedule is, if not entirely free, at least fairly malleable.

Anyway, when we do sort a date out, I may be cheeky and ask if I can borrow a game to run some more IRE testing.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

mcjomar

I'd be up for that - depending on whether this is "official carthaxian" or semi-unrelated story, will shape which warband I bring to table.
Though I've got quite the list to work through I think.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

TallulahBelle

All i need venue wise is for it to be reasonably accessible in the wheelchair since iv kind of got worse.

As for the model thing yeah that was my fault a combo 3D print and semi custom cast off a 3d print id left out whilst moving some stuff.

She will Br painted this time round and this easier to explain away as custom and my other stuff is either entirely GW and/or custom sculpted.

As for dates I'm relatively easy though the 25th Jan/around then is put unless its London coz I'm doing hospital stuff down at QCL and the third weekend in march is out coz of shooting Nerf guns and hitting people with foam swords

mcjomar

So whatever happens, would I be wise to keep prepping my space marine conversions (I read about a space marine campaign in the OP), or can that take a back seat.
Two of the three are ultramarines from the old Chaos Gate game (two tac troopers I always liked using), while one is a black project that I want to surprise everyone with.
If I could get three more I would do a full tac squad of Chas Gate ultras, just for fun.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Lord Borak

The game is Gav's baby so I'll let him reply to that. Although I thought we were just using one Marine each? That way we can have multiple people playing in the game and prevent it from getting bogged down. Although a Tactical squad would awesome to see :D

Do we have a date set in stone yet? I'll need to give work notice is all.

mcjomar

Yeah, I'm only prepping one if I'm able to come along.

The tac squad is just for my personal amusement rather than gaming proper - incidentally, are you able to cast three full marines? Or should I  keep trawling ebay for metal marines?

Radu Lykan

I have suggested the weekend of March the 12th in the events sticky, what do people think of that?

mcjomar

The 12th would work for me as sundays are reasonable for me to book early, given the lead time.
Do we have a location on this also?

As you can see from my thread, my efforts for this game have begun.
I'll post more pics up soon as I'm intending it be a progress thread of sorts.

greenstuff_gav

i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Lord Borak

My Marine is all ready to go :P Although I'm going to get casting some guardsmen/Genestealers for some fun times ;)

12th sounds good. I don't think there's anything going on around then. If everyone is OK with that date I'll make sure work leaves me alone (I don't work weekends usually)

mcjomar

Considering what I've got planned for my current marine, I'm wondering if I might need to build a second.
Or bring some form of ninja as an alternative.

Radu Lykan

In the other thread I think Warhammer world was going to be the venue? That's going to be best for me and will have the bonus of an attached bar :)

MarcoSkoll

If it's WHW, Sundays effectively rule me out unless I come up the day before and stay overnight. Because the train services are much more limited, the earliest I can arrive at Nottingham station on Sunday is 11:49 (and even then I'd still be a mile and half from WHW).

That said, I'm still not entirely sure what I think about the idea about a Space Marine only day, so don't go jumping through hoops on my account.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles