Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

The Golden Aegis Affair - Potential Gaming Day

Started by greenstuff_gav, October 07, 2016, 07:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenstuff_gav

Be interesting to hear what scenarios were ran and what people thought; ontop of mass npc murder, its hard to find obectives that provide a challenge for marines to deal with!

I've still got a pile of marines so maybe pursuaded to sell some on as im debating a cleardown of pretty mich everything :)
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

mcjomar

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on March 13, 2017, 01:51:47 AM

Quote from: mcjomar on March 12, 2017, 05:51:38 PMBut after I'm done making new Cypher and the ultramarines I think I'm going to build some more appropriate marines maybe.
Cypher didn't actually feel particularly overpowered as Marines go. Although I'm not really a fan of using canonical characters in Inquisitor, Cypher's mysterious good/bad guy nature is oddly suitable.

Agreed - his gun-fu reliance on pistols, rather than being able to buff a close combat weapon with marine strength means his ability to insta-mulch a target is somewhat reduced. Couple that with the fact that he's got lots of secrets, mysteries, and heresies connected to him, and the fact he successfully impersonated an Inquisitor that one time, means that he fits in wonderfully. I still think that from now on he should be relegated to being a GM controlled NPC due to being a very important named character.
Esepcially in the latest release.

In regards pictures, however:

I'll probably consider writing it up later.

Quote from: greenstuff_gav on March 13, 2017, 10:15:26 AM
Be interesting to hear what scenarios were ran and what people thought; ontop of mass npc murder, its hard to find obectives that provide a challenge for marines to deal with!

I've still got a pile of marines so maybe pursuaded to sell some on as im debating a cleardown of pretty mich everything :)

I think we ended up running the Mahlau Affair tree - for my part the objective based objectives worked great for Cypher, while the "kill-em all" objectives were... difficult.
I think Cypher is better suited for subterfuge, shenanigans, and maybe the odd assassination.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

mcjomar

Just a note but if, having completed the Mahlau affair on the 11th, the Golden Aegis affair is scheduled for the 18th, I will be unable to make it, as I have other events occurring that day.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

MarcoSkoll

As far as I know, only one of the dates was going forward. The 18th was an emergency booking because we'd failed to confirm any tables for the 11th at one point.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

greenstuff_gav

following up then, did it work enough for me to write another marine event?
especially with people looking to do more marines :D

Build Your Imagination

Cortez

Yeah, I think it did. I enjoyed it far more than I was expecting to (need my own Marine though, I'd be up for buying one of your spares, or a suspiciously light version from Lord Borak).

Lord Borak

Well, I got everything ready to make you a light one Cortez ;)

I'm up for another Marine game. If we have enough notice we can pre-book one of the cool city fight boards or maybe the FW spacehulk board. I will try and get a squad of Chaos Marines done by then if you want. I just need to make 4 more, including a Heavy weapon trooper. They wont take too long as they wont be as Detailed as Arkus.

Arkus really REALLY needs to be tougher. I'm thinking daemonic chainswords.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: greenstuff_gav on March 13, 2017, 10:28:21 PMfollowing up then, did it work enough for me to write another marine event?
I'd say so. There's a bit of refinement needed here and there, but the Inquisitor rules do seem to be capable of holding up under those circumstances.

Quote from: Lord Borak on March 13, 2017, 11:30:11 PMWell, I got everything ready to make you a light one Cortez ;)
I could do with one as well - saves me deciding whether to do my Astral Jackals or the Salamanders Veteran from the Space Marine game*.
(I'm tempted to say two, so I could do a Traitor Marine as well, but then I do have a lot of unfinished projects already...).

* On which note, if anyone should ever be interested in sharing Steam usernames and meeting up for a round or two of Exterminatus, it is good fun mass murdering Orks in co-op.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Lord Borak

mcjomar

I think I'll hold off ordering any more casts myself until I'm done with all the stuff I've already got.
I'll probably need to look up a suitable case for holding the marines though, as they seem too big to be held safely without damage in my standard citadel case.

greenstuff_gav

i'll start mulling ideas over then, hopefully throw some notes down on the weekend!
Borak, i'm in the market for some miscast bits too as i guess i'll get the First Founding Project moving again!

Build Your Imagination