Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

The Reclusiam - Painting 54mm

Started by Thantos, October 09, 2016, 12:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thantos

First time in ... 3 years! I actually managed to get a few hours to paint something. Hopefully in the new year, will be able to put brush to model more often.
Here is the =][= Familiar. My resin version since i prefer painting resin to metal :P He's a creepy little fella

realitybytes16

Much as I like it, I never really understood the purpose of this model - what would this guy have been used for in the 41st millennium? Why and how was he created? What kind of person would make use of him? The idea of a familiar smells of heresy to me, but I could be wrong.

Maybe I just need to read the rulebook some more :D

Nevertheless, I do like the model; it almost makes it look like you could stick a 54mm head onto a 28mm body and come up with something similar, not to mention the odd proportions make him lovely and creepy :P

greenstuff_gav

he was from Fanatic Magazine, a Blank or Psychic Null.
a Daemonhuntress had him follow her around to aid in slaying Daemons; she could finish them while he rendered their foul psyk-powers useless!
aesthetically he's very similar to Dune; that gothic touch of having odd/creepy childlike figures and the wires / implants

lovely paintwork and certainly better cast than my attempts!
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Lord Borak

Fantastic stuff Thantos. I should have my metal version on the way too me :D your resin certainly looks the business. The painting is great too, especially the work on the cloak.

Thantos

Yea i think ill use him as a psychic null also, could be cool in games :D

Thanks for the comments guys, hope to have more =][= paintjobs here soonish :P perhaps get time over xmas for another.

Radu Lykan

would he work as a haemoncolyte or technomat from the ad mech pdf? i can imagine him being attached to a governor who likes drinking a luxurious 39,000 year old spirit called hunts master but not the hangover that comes with it, his blood is filtered through the haemoncolyte and so no hangovers, it also saved him from a poisoning attempt once but he was a bit miffed as he needed a new haemoncolyte after that

Van Helser

"Hunt's Master" - nice.

Quote from: realitybytes16 on October 09, 2016, 07:34:49 PM
Nevertheless, I do like the model; it almost makes it look like you could stick a 54mm head onto a 28mm body and come up with something similar, not to mention the odd proportions make him lovely and creepy :P

There was a rumour that this mini was originally sculpted as a Mystic for the 40k Daemonhunter codex way back when, but never made the cut.  He then became a wee freak for Inquisitor instead.

I like the muted, filthy look to his robes Thantos.  I do feel the pipe on his face could be brightened up to make it stand out some more though.

Ruaridh

TheClassyGamer

I've looked at the miniature of that little guy a while and just never really felt like he fit in all that well.  Now that I've seen one painted up so nice I've changed my opinion on  the sculpt.  I can kind of get the feel better for seeing a really nicely painted example.

Anyhow, needless to say, that is an excellent bit of work painting the figure. 

Aside from that the miniature reminds me of something that I can't quite recall what.
Also, I think I am going to go the same route and try and recast mine in resin to paint up as well.

Thantos

Lol Radu, there has been some saturday mornings where i have felt like i could have used one of those haemoncolytes too! ;)

Thanks Van, may go for a bit more on the pipe. It is the only bit which is just a flat colour :P will sort a shade and highlight out later.

Sounds good Classy! If you want a resin version i have about 20 of them kicking around here :) fire us a PM

Thantos

Another year, another model. This time an arco casting :D

Still practising with this new backdrop, pics came out a bit grainy. But he is ready for battle ;D

realitybytes16

Very nice! Excellent job on the skin-tones :).

Radu Lykan

Nice job, I keep forgetting I have this guy somewhere, you've inspired me to dig him out :)

Lord Borak

Great stuff mate!! The skin is really nicely done. Nice and pallid :D Although I would have liked some more blood/gore around his wounds.

Where is the base from? It's nifty!!