Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

The Pangolin Saloon

Started by Inquisitor Thaken, July 11, 2010, 10:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inquisitor Thaken

Back in the days when I was a young, brash Inquiaitor, I often visited this depot of forbidden knowledge:

http://members.fortunecity.com/pangolinsaloon/rr/rrindex.html

Good to see it's still around, even if no longer active.  It was a great source for characters, equipment, adventure ideas, etc.  Most of it is still intact.

Enjoy

Shannow

Excellent resource, thanks for posting it, just having a brief read through and already seen several ideas I'll probably pick up!

Rob
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Inquisitor Thaken

Quote from: Shannow on July 11, 2010, 10:34:38 PM
Excellent resource, thanks for posting it, just having a brief read through and already seen several ideas I'll probably pick up!

Rob

That's what we're here for. :)

Kaled

My problem with the Pangolin Saloon is that the good bits are swamped under all sorts of over-powered rules and over-blown nonsense.  It'd have been far better if they'd peer reviewed stuff properly before posting it.  Thus I'd advise people planning to use stuff from that site to get some feedback from their GM or from members of the 'Clave before doing so.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

greenstuff_gav

i wrote for Pangolin / Nexus Hive under the name khornes_Rage way back in the day (can't see any of my stuff from a quick skim-read :( ) .. they had a really good character generator and some fun RP sections :)
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Kaled

Oh, I'm not denying that there's some good stuff - it's a site I've often used. Unfortunately there's also loads of stuff I wouldn't touch for one reason or another. It's a good resource as long as you bear in mind that not everything is of equal quality.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Inquisitor Thaken

Well, it seems Pangolin Saloon is long dead.  Did anybody make any attempt to salvage some of the content?  It stretched from the great to the not so much, but I enjoyed a lot of the characters.

Thanks

MarcoSkoll

To reveal one of the tricks that helped me recover many of the old Inquisitor articles - the Wayback Machine:

https://archive.org/web/

It's not perfect - it often only has a few infrequent "snapshots" of sites that may not include all of their pages/images/whatever, and there's some things that completely flummox it (it's terrible on forums, and wasn't able to properly archive the GW sites since they put in a page to redirect you to local sites), but it is still a jaw dropping project that seeks to preserve modern human knowledge.

They do have some snapshots of the Pangolin Saloon, and they seem to be fairly complete.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Drubbels

You can also tell the Wayback Machine to snapshot any pages you're looking at now, so they'll still be there later.
Previously "Adeptus Noob"

Inquisitor Thaken

Quote from: Adeptus Noob on November 01, 2016, 10:12:16 PM
You can also tell the Wayback Machine to snapshot any pages you're looking at now, so they'll still be there later.

Didn't know taht.  Thanks!

TallulahBelle

The main page is fine but none of the links open :(

maglash1017

Quote from: jediknight129 on November 02, 2016, 04:33:35 PM

When i spotted this thread a few weeks ago I checked out one of the snapshots and I could open most of the links. Have you tried all of the archived versions?

TallulahBelle

Tried the last and a random one from the middle of the last year I even tried to use the option that it suggested about clicking on banners and no joy

Inquisitor Thaken

Quote from: maglash1017 on November 03, 2016, 09:09:59 AM
Quote from: jediknight129 on November 02, 2016, 04:33:35 PM

When i spotted this thread a few weeks ago I checked out one of the snapshots and I could open most of the links. Have you tried all of the archived versions?

Obviously above my pay grade.  Any help would be appreciated.