Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

=][= Jack's scummer

Started by mcjomar, October 24, 2016, 11:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcjomar

Here's another of my more formulaic models.
Barbaretta, plus lucretia's pistol arm, and a handbow in the left hand provided by some dwarves.
The rest is just gubbins.
Holster from slick, pouch from... somewhere, knife from the RT model.

right eye is poor GS work on my part - I'll go back to it and try the GW approved method of drilling a hole, sticking in a ball of GS, and GSing some eyelids over the top, see if that works. Probably not, but... ehh...
I like my painting of her natural left eye though.

"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

TallulahBelle

I like it but idk the bow appears a little out of place on the style it's very apparabt it's an old weapon I kind of see her if choosing a bow choosing something modern and carbon fibre and designed for its power and stealth rather than a typical wood and  striup racking midel. With the rest of her look I meam

TheNephew

I'd have to agree with Jedi there - black or metal, or maybe a difference clearly artificial colour, would fit better in my opinion.

mcjomar

I guess i might go dark grey or dark blue or somesuch. Maybe metal.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

RobSkib

I like the concept and I'd agree with the comments about the crossbow. I'd go one further and suggest she needs more 'scumming up'. She has very clean-cut lines, like her armour is either new or well-maintained. You could take a leaf out of the Fallout Guide to Scumming Things Up and add a few extra gubbinz to break up those clean lines. She definitely needs a big, mismatched shoulder pad arrangement - nothing says Scum like big, mismatched shoulder pads.

Great work on the GS eye though, I was trying to figure out what was off about the model before I read your comment about removing the bionic and GSing in your own eye! Very impressive.
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

mcjomar

Thanks for the complement.
That said, the eye is very wierd compared to the left eye, and if I ever try to fix it, I'll be trying the technique I mentioned.

If you look closely, you'll notice that her right eye which replaced the bionic is a bit bulgy to the side. It really bugs me when I look at her head on. Right now though I've got an entire case of painting to catch up on before I circle back. You can expect the bow to be repainted though - low hanging fruit, that bit.

As to the armour, it's more a case of stolen local arbites-equivalent armour, rather than hodge-podge type stuff (that and I'm eyeing up some alternative models from another range for the "survivor" look). She's more of a thief than a true downhive scummer, truth be told.

TallulahBelle

For the bow have you thought about something like changing the limbs to give it more of a modern edge some sort of thinner material or a weird shape to it like the new barret xbows that use two sets of arms
it's profile or perhaps taking the stirrup off and using a small piece of something the right size make it appear to have a winchdraw mech

If shes a theif with 'borrowed' wargear it could be really easy for it to be oldfashioned for a reason boosted from the right people/place and justified there.

As for clean armour being none scum iv never understood why scummy persons have grotty looking gear? I get visual medium and inherent prejudices meaning we show visually what we want the viewer to think but if I was a dirt bag my guns would be clean and polished my armpit neat and tidy just on the basic level of 'my stuff needs to work!'

mcjomar

Quote from: jediknight129 on October 26, 2016, 02:40:48 PM

it's profile or perhaps taking the stirrup off and using a small piece of something the right size make it appear to have a winchdraw mech

This might be a workable change that I could manage. Not sure what sort of gubbins I'd add for a winchdraw mech though. Maybe I'll find something in my bits box.

TallulahBelle

Some sort of box on the back with a handle? Iv always liked the gasram idea for a futuristic xbow or one ofnthe 1022 conversions that use a blank

mcjomar

Would that work for a handbow do you think?
It's described in the LRB as being easily concealed as separate components prior to being assembled - usually has poisonous or explosive quarrels (I'm expecting to use the former rather than the latter).

Would such a concealable weapon have a winchdraw mech?
It's got a reload of 2 - so that's two actions to reload, right?
One to draw back, one to put in the next quarrel?
Shots stat of 1, so 1 bolt a turn I guess. If that.

You can expect some basic poisons for incapacitation, as I think that would be more in character for a thief, rather than more lethal concoctions. Possibly a hallucinogen, because I can imagine this particular thief finding it funny.

TallulahBelle

What I'd do for a hand bow is some sort of undermounted gas canister and a modern material paint scheme with a block in the back the bolt sits in. The way to handwace the 2 action reload would be applying the poison after loading I should think.

RobSkib

Quote from: jediknight129 on October 26, 2016, 02:40:48 PMI was a dirt bag my guns would be clean and polished my armpit neat and tidy just on the basic level of 'my stuff needs to work!'

There aren't many powder rooms in the underhive ;)
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

mcjomar

Quote from: RobSkib on November 02, 2016, 09:43:30 AM
Quote from: jediknight129 on October 26, 2016, 02:40:48 PMI was a dirt bag my guns would be clean and polished my armpit neat and tidy just on the basic level of 'my stuff needs to work!'

There aren't many powder rooms in the underhive ;)

On the other hand, if you were a scummer and found yourself employed by an Inquisitor with a use for your talents, wouldn't you bargain for higher quality gear, that you can better maintain with a better supply line thanks to judicious use of a rosette?

TallulahBelle

I get the idea of looking invisible and the grime helping but things like guns especially the more fiddly techy ones id want as clean as possible just to guaremtee they work on command especially with the way the universe views technology.