Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

=][= Jack's ex-arbites guy

Started by mcjomar, October 27, 2016, 07:38:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcjomar

So yeah.
Here he is, finally painted.

"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

TheClassyGamer

I like that figure.  Also, the red on the chest really appeals to me as being a quite a draw for the eye with that color scheme.

On a side note, I also like the Atlas, Locust, and Hunchback that are hiding in the background.

mcjomar

warhansa are the public source for all MWO sculpts.
Lords of the Battlefield may as yet turn up some threads where you can investigate higher quality MWO sculpts (for an increase in price) from select sources/middlemen (ssm and Steelwarrior are the go-to guys, trust them).
Don't know of any others yet.

I was umming and ahhing about whether to go red or bone in the centre, with the other colour around the outside, but I decided red should be central in the end, as it fits with the way I've applied that colour combination on other models.

The figure is designed to be in a similar pose to the old artwork of a tau battlesuit coming in to land and firing off both guns (fusion blasters?) at the same time.
I think it's in the first codex.

"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

TallulahBelle

I like it especially the idea of a stocked plasma weapon. The only thing I'd do would be look at maybe adding something to the aquilla pendant in terms of the paint as at the moment I don't think the plain silver fits with the intricacies of the I symbol underneath it but that's just me.

Do you reckon the warhamsa sculpts could be used for anything in 54mm scale INQ?

mcjomar

I'm not sure. I do know warhansa also has a few 54mm sculpts but i don't  know how well those would work. I don't think the mechs would work too well for 54mm but maybe someone will see a parts combination that i do not.

TallulahBelle

I was thinking leg parts for crude bionics or servitor parts honestly.

mcjomar

Ahh right.
In that case, you might be able to use atlas for war servitors, or possibly centurion for more clunky ones.
Most of the legs work, really, though they'd be a little squat, which I guess is the point.
Don't waste your time on anything spindly though. Stuff like light mechs, especially the spider, will be useless.
The bigger chunkier stuff, at least medium class or higher, will be of more use for parts.
At least as far as the mechs go.