Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

The black project

Started by mcjomar, January 09, 2017, 09:54:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cortez

The armour looks good now as do the holsters. The robe works too. Looking forward to seeing it finished.

mcjomar

So I think he's done?
Or near enough anyway?

"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

mcjomar

And once more with feeling - I think this angle really makes the model work.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Lord Borak

VERY cool man. The conversion and the paint job are all good work :) The armour is especially well done. Can't wait for Banus to trade some blows with him or alongside him.

Aurelius

Oh I like him!  ;D
The best is the shot of him blazing away, with much anger in his face. Must have just spotted a Fallen. Excellent.

mcjomar

Thanks guys.
I'm very proud of that face.
I used the tip from DM1.
Dwarf flesh > brown wash targeted at recesses > dwarf flesh > elf flesh > bleached bone.
I had to redo the whole thing after I messed up the elf stage the first go round.
I also did a small thin badab black wash over wet paint for the chin and such to give him that stubble in imitation of the face tutorial from a recent WD article.

Nvision

Wonderful work on this!  Great sculpting complimented by great painting, worthy of one the Grimdark's coolest characters :)  How much time did you put into this, if you don't mind my asking?

mcjomar

Thanks!
Many evenings and weekends across the past two months.