Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Conclave Events in 2010

Started by Kaled, December 14, 2009, 10:55:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaled

Okay - I've just spoken to WHW and the Spring Conclave 2010 is confirmed for April 24th.  There won't be an IGT in 2010 due to a lack of available dates; in 2011 it will take the place of the Spring Conclave and will be on March 19th 2011.

More details to follow, particularly for the Spring Conclave.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Carados

Does this mean there will feasibly be two IGTs in 2011?  Or is 2010 now a write off?

Kaled

I don't know - I was told that December 2011 probably wouldn't be a possibility, so March might be the new date for the IGT...

precinctomega

You may be interested to know that in 2010, Maelstrom Games in Mansfield, just north of Nottingham, will be opening Maelstrom UK, their independent tabletop wargaming convention centre with (reputedly) over 70 tables.

Details are sketchy at the moment, but it might be worth giving them a call...

R.

precinctomega

ADDENDUM to the above:

Just spoken to Maelstrom.  Their new gaming hall is open with 20 tables, and the plan is to expand to 75 by the end of next year.  Room hire is free, just like WHW, with a bar and restaurant attached and the Maelstrom Games store next door to feed your hobby addiction.

They don't have dedicated 54mm terrain, of course, but who does?

Their bookings register is filling up fast, but they've still got vacant dates for next Nov/Dec if you're interested.  The event manager is currently on holiday.  I've got his email address if anyone wants it.

R.

Kaled

Yeah, let me know the details and I'll drop them a line and see if they can accomodate the IGT next December...

RobSkib

If you needed, I could bring along some of my Inquisitor scenery if we do manage to get some tables. Plus, it'll give me an excuse to build some more, and finish the stuff I've already half started!
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

precinctomega

How have I not seen that table before?  That's awesome!

R.

Kaled

Yeah, that is fantastic - better than most of the tables I've ever played on.

RobSkib

It's wonderful what some odd bits of polystyrene, some loo roll tubes and some grey paint will do! It's my shed at home, filled with all manner of family tat around the edges and underneath and the rest is taken up by models and unpainted scenery! When I'm home I'll get some more pictures if anyone's interested.

But yeah, back on topic - I have the manpower to get scenery to where it needs to be, if it needs to anywhere. There's much more of that overhead walkway stuff, some Cities of Death terrain specifically made for 54mm in mind, loads of industrial stuff, all with a drybrushed-codex-grey theme, so don't ask me for desert or snow!

*edit*

There's a second picture of the same scene, but showing more of the unpainted stuff littering the place.
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.