Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

greetings and trading

Started by theemperorswill, October 08, 2009, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theemperorswill

yes, another newbie. just wanted to say hi to everyone and ask the first of a zillion questions i`ve got buzzing round my cranium.  read the core rules front to back and back again several times and decided to take the plunge and start a warband. suprise, suprise, 1st model i`ve brought is eisenhorn. pinned, assembled and filled. just awaiting paint. thought i`d start with a vanilla character to get the hamg of working at this scale before attemping conversions. the idea of a bitz box seems a long way off, which got me thinking, why couldn`t we have a trade or for sale forum here? or ts that against the rules? thoughts?...tony
the emperors will be done

greenstuff_gav

i'm sure someone will be along with the Big Yellow Text of Welcome, but in the meantime, 54mm trading is more than adequately sorted out via The Arcadian Smugglers Ring

welcome and enjoy!
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

precinctomega

The official, unofficial Conclave trading group is here:

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/arcadiansmugglers/

Oh, and,
Welcome to the Conclave!

R.

theemperorswill

Many big yellow thanks for the welcome. will keep my eye on the smugglersring. from little acorns...
the emperors will be done

foxphoenix135

Howdy. I'm looking to start role-playing in the 40k universe, to get the wife involved. I have two huge armies for 40k, one IG with =I= allies, and one SM. Therefore, I intend to play in the 28mm heroic scale, and I was referred here to reference the INQ28 thread here. I have seen it, and I am very impressed! I live in Alaska, in the USA, so I am a bit secluded from other gamers as it is, so I am trying to get my limited gaming group away from their D and D.

Ok well that's long enough for a first post, hope I posted it in the right spot! You guys should make an Introductions category of its own!

Kaled

Quote from: foxphoenix135 on December 23, 2009, 07:55:59 AM
Howdy. I'm looking to start role-playing in the 40k universe, to get the wife involved. I have two huge armies for 40k, one IG with =I= allies, and one SM. Therefore, I intend to play in the 28mm heroic scale
Welcome - when you say you intend to start roleplaying, are you looking for a proper RPG? If so, you should look at Dark Heresy - Inquisitor is better described as a narrative wargame than a true RPG. I realise you already have a lot of 28mm models, but that alone shouldn't restrict you to playing at 28mm. Most of your terrain will probably work at the larger scale and you'll want to build all new models anyway - the archetypes you see in games of 40k are suited to the frontlines of a warzone and not necessarily to the shadowy battle for the Emperor's soul. Anyway, whatever you decide, I hope you have fun.

Oh and
Welcome to the Conclave!
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: foxphoenix135 on December 23, 2009, 07:55:59 AMTherefore, I intend to play in the 28mm heroic scale.
While I have no issues with properly done Inq28, please don't just take "Tom, Dick or Harry" from your 40k army and plonk him into a game of Inquisitor. Inquisitor characters are supposed to be somewhat unique and exciting, and someone you can't tell from the next faceless soldier doesn't qualify.

If you're doing it, then really do take the time to do something like Molotov has done, and spend time converting up and painting your Inq28 models so they're not just straight 40k models.

Either way, welcome to the 'Clave.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles