Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Rebuilding a collection

Started by goodshipalbion, January 20, 2017, 09:32:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

realitybytes16

Wow man, you have a great eye for conversion - great job!

goodshipalbion

Thanks chaps, standing at 31 minis at the mo and cost averaging about £4....Working on getting hold of more of the original mins now.  Also think I'll pick up the new eldar avatar of ynnead and guilliman when they come out.

Lord Borak

Awesome, show some comparison picks with Inquisitor models if you would. It will be great to see how they compare size-wise.

MarcoSkoll

I've a feeling that the Avatar of Ynnead is a bit big for 28mm and a bit small for 54mm -  but hey, if anyone wants just that model, I'd contently split the box with them, as I'd actually quite like the other two characters in the kit for my 28mm collection*.

(Buying a box from a third-party retailer and splitting it is probably cheaper than trying to scrounge just the one model from an eBay middle-man).

* As I may admit more fully at some point, I have actually bought a few things from GW again, as they've been behaving much more like a reasonable company recently, and I really wanted some of the stuff they had on Made to Order.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

goodshipalbion

I've ordered a box, I'd recommend getting one and ebaying what you don't keep.  I did that with the triumvirate of the imperium and ended up only spending like 8 quid for Belisarius.

Also have to agree after selling all my GW. Stuff 2 years ago they have become a pretty decent firm again so will buy bits and bobs

goodshipalbion

Quote from: Lord Borak on February 14, 2017, 08:39:42 AM
Awesome, show some comparison picks with Inquisitor models if you would. It will be great to see how they compare size-wise.

So here's the avatar slightly converted with a ctan head and the vortex trimmed down and positioned on a 40mm base....I think it makes a good unbound daemonhost :

goodshipalbion

Bagged a nice conversion on Facebook, slightly repositioned and resculpted and ready to go:

goodshipalbion

Daemon Huntress with Tyrus icons for knee guards, Josef's power fist, added pistol and an enforcer head:

goodshipalbion

Covenant repositioned and resculpted with force staff (necron bits) and scratch built psy-shotgun, headswap with added psychic hood:

goodshipalbion

Pit slave bashed together from guard legs, Damien torso (had to sculpt abs) tehnolog arm, and chrono gladiator claw plus slicks head:

Lord Borak

The Avatar scales up really well. I'm impressed. It's as if GW was thinking of us secretly when they made him/her/it.

Liking the conversions so far. Bars head really works on the Daemonhuntress body. I'd not considered doing that, nor have I ever seen that conversion either.

goodshipalbion

Aye it's just about ok...A bit lithe but surrounded by the swirly stuff it works ok....Bring on guilliman!!! I'm just throwing stuff together and hoping for the best most of the time but miliput hides a multitude of sins lol

goodshipalbion

Lord Borak

goodshipalbion

Got hold of a metal space marine daemon prince, removed sword added combi-bolter, some eldritch fire and a jump pack to become a chaos marine raptor: