Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Rebuilding a collection

Started by goodshipalbion, January 20, 2017, 09:32:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goodshipalbion

Sadly gave away my inquisitor collection a couple of years after launch but have decided to collect again and will be docenting my progress here.

First up is a lovely resin cast I got on eBay with the addition of a sanguinary guard sword, some SM pouches / seals / grenades:

Lord Borak

That looks awesome!! The conversion I mean. The 'en garde' pose really works on the model. Although part of me thinks he's telling someone off for trying to touch his plasma pistol :D

goodshipalbion

Really pleased with how the pose came out, was going to have him testing on the sword like the cane that the model comes with...But it looked too nice to pass up :)

Cortez

I love that model. Gives me some inspiration for my next character.

Can't wait to see it painted.

mcjomar

I've been tempted to use that model to represent a Knight pilot.
Maybe.
Nice work.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

realitybytes16

Very cool coversion!

Never thought of using SG weapons, which is silly because I have plenty of them and they're easily large enough for ][ - great idea! :)

Van Helser

Looks great.  He looks ready to slice and dice!

Good luck rebuilding your collection!

Ruaridh

aeprod

Looks great! Which model serves as the base for this?

goodshipalbion

It's a resin cast job off eBay "54mm Imperial noble"

MarcoSkoll

To be a little more precise, it was Lord Borak who sculpted and cast these: http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2538.msg36113#msg36113

Quote from: mcjomar on January 21, 2017, 03:09:11 PMI've been tempted to use that model to represent a Knight pilot.
Sigh. I really *should* find the time to work on the Warhound and her crew again.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

realitybytes16

I had no idea Borak scratch-sculpted this! I ordered one today :D.

Lord Borak

Thanks for your purchase!  ;D

.... and yes. I am to blame for this model ;) Well, kinda, Alyster Wick commissioned me to do something based on art work.

@Goodshipalbion: What colour scheme were you thinking of doing? (I am yet to paint one :S)

realitybytes16

You're most welcome :) thank you for an excellent model at a very reasonable price :).

goodshipalbion

Quote from: realitybytes16 on January 23, 2017, 11:36:46 PM
You're most welcome :) thank you for an excellent model at a very reasonable price :).

Thinking dark blue uniform as don't want him to look too much like a commissar but more like an old navy boy

seaglen

lovely pose, looks very stern.

as for colour scheme, id base the imperial navy on a blue tunic, cream trousers look:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-hxHsOLO0ol8/TwMe1bIj3VI/AAAAAAAAAJM/BcBW2tKnnEk/s1600/m2360169_P5Mb5.jpg