Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Anything I can read to help in the creation of this character

Started by 0604854, January 25, 2017, 10:58:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi everyone,

I am looking to create a noble woman secretly a member (possibly magus) of a genestealer cult, does anyone know of anything other than the genestealer cult codex and generally stuff online I can read to help me flesh out the character....

I have had a few general thoughts but nothing cast iron yet.

edit: found this image, minus the eagle and less fur it might be a decent basis for her: http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Highborn?file=Imperial_Nobility.jpg

and another image this time cosplay!:

And another image: and another

MarcoSkoll

How do you feel about spoilers? Thing is, there are BL novels, but given that Genestealer cults work in secret means it's often giving away a large part of the plot to even name them.

As far as the winter court noble, it's some of my favourite John Blanche art. I've seen it used a few times before - I'm honoured to have had the man himself compliment my own sculpt of it, I know PrecinctOmega did a conversion of Jena based on it, and I know I've seen at least one other version of it that I can't put a name to (...although, now I think, I can't actually recall having seen a 28mm version...). Lovely piece, even if I never want to sculpt another lock of fur again!
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on January 25, 2017, 12:26:50 PM
How do you feel about spoilers? Thing is, there are BL novels, but given that Genestealer cults work in secret means it's often giving away a large part of the plot to even name them.

As far as the winter court noble, it's some of my favourite John Blanche art. I've seen it used a few times before - I'm honoured to have had the man himself compliment my own sculpt of it, I know PrecinctOmega did a conversion of Jena based on it, and I know I've seen at least one other version of it that I can't put a name to (...although, now I think, I can't actually recall having seen a 28mm version...). Lovely piece, even if I never want to sculpt another lock of fur again!

Can you post your sculpt it would be interesting to have a look, the reason I am looking at a highborn cultist is that alot (if not majority) of these cultists I see are very much more lower social classes in the 40k universe and I think there is a lot of potential of a highborn cultist. I have a few other ideas on character motivation etc. but extra input always helps.

Quote from: 0604854 on January 25, 2017, 12:34:09 PM
Quote from: MarcoSkoll on January 25, 2017, 12:26:50 PM

Can you post your sculpt it would be interesting to have a look, the reason I am looking at a highborn cultist is that alot (if not majority) of these cultists I see are very much more lower social classes in the 40k universe and I think there is a lot of potential of a highborn cultist. I have a few other ideas on character motivation etc. but extra input always helps.

Spoil away...

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: 0604854 on January 25, 2017, 12:34:09 PMCan you post your sculpt it would be interesting to have a look

(There is also a two headed eagle, but it's removable so it can move independently in game and I forgot to put it in these pictures).

Quote from: 0604854 on January 25, 2017, 01:36:51 PMSpoil away...
Well, what most comes to mind is the first Ciaphas Cain novel, For the Emperor - although it starts out with the diplomacy between the Tau and the Imperium on a seemingly unimportant backwater world, the situation soon turns out to be much more complex, they discover a genestealer cult and, ultimately, it proves that the governor himself is one of them.

(Plus, I just love the novel series anyway. Sandy Mitchell has that tongue-in-cheek style of 2nd/3rd edition WH40k, about the point when the setting didn't take itself too seriously).

It's not particularly uncommon for genestealer cults to weave their way into positions of power, although, obviously such individuals are rarer and less expendable than the many lower class cultists.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Nice mini!

Well I am beginning to put some flesh on the bones, I want her to be a 4th gen cultist hiding among high society, she is obsessed with genetic purity and will only breed with the most genetically pure men to produce strong off-spring, she travels from world to world spreading the seeds of worlds destruction leaving the enslaved fathers to take care of her child once they have come of age (a genestealer child can control it's father making it part of the cult, being a very psychically strong 4th gen she has the ability to resist), unlike many other cultists she knows full well what the great devourer is (most cultists are flunkies) she sees it as the way to purify the galaxy, mankind has become impure, corrupted and beyond saving and must be cleansed, that is what she believes the great devourer is here for, to cleanse the galaxy so that one day life may begin anew, she knows she will die eventually but she will continue to serve so that she may see the final cleansing for herself.

The problem I am having at the moment is her origin, any ideas, how did she become a highborn when her parents were mutated cultists?