Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Eldar Ranger Painted

Started by mcjomar, January 26, 2017, 10:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcjomar

So in my efforts to climb my painting mountain, I decided this guy was next.

and to prove he's got the eyes painted too
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Lord Borak

Looking good. The colours are well chosen. The bases you use......... Are they a new GW thing? Or some casts off some other company.

mcjomar

Sector imperialis 40mm based. I'm afraid i seem to still have emptied the bits companies of these with my bulk order i used to replace all my bases on as many minis as possible so you'll have to get a full pack instead to get these for now. Unless a bits company i dont know about have some. They're quite good if perhaps a little pricey.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Van Helser

He is looking good.  If you want to try and make the gemstones look more glass-y, then there's a neat wee guide here: https://goo.gl/images/hxHtpv.  Essentially you highlight the bottom of the gem, and darken the top, before adding a white spot to one side of the top of the gem.  Really makes them come alive.

Ruaridh

mcjomar

Yeah, I was trying to think what I'd missed, and you've got it.
I did that for my Tau lenses, but I forgot to do it to the gems.
Oops!

mcjomar

Aurelius

Looks brilliant! That terrain is amazing too, is that Zone Mortalis?

Lord Borak

Aye, Zone Mortalis is awesome to play Inquisitor on. A mate of mine has a 6'x4' board of it. Nice to see one painted though. His is just sprayed black and has been for AGES!

The gets look a lot better. They should be a lot darker near the top however. Almost black really. But they look good none the less.