Although we've got an active thread for Golden Aegis, I figured we should probably have a general one too for discussing other possible events.
1) I can guess we may want an IGT sometime this year, although deciding the who and when of that is something to discuss.
2) I still hope to run a more comprehensive IRE play-test day, probably at Dark Sphere in London.
Although this was supposed to happen last year, IRE took longer than expected, but it is now actually in a state where a proper test day could be held.
3) My "Legacy" event to follow up on the aftermath of The Saint is also still planned, but I'm probably only going to commit to that once Leander is ready.
4) I'd also tentatively like to put forwards the date 28th October in Hemel Hempstead, which is the single remaining one of my local club's quarterly Saturday open days when I'm not already booked for something else.
It's a bit shorter than a WHW day, 10:30 to 5:00, and there's a £5 fee for non-members, but:
> it is a gaming club, with tables and scenery
> it's accessible - 10 minutes drive from either the M25 or M1 (with parking at the venue), and the station has 4 trains an hour to/from London Euston (it is a bit of a walk, but it's actually slightly closer than Nottingham station and WHW, or there are bus/taxi services).
> there's a choice of Chinese, Indian, kebabs, Pizza Hut, KFC, Greggs, Subway and Asda within 5 minutes walk.
So it is actually a fairly solid venue. I don't know how many club members I'll have interested in Inquisitor by then, but getting something on the schedule should help get things going.
5) Not a gaming event, but I'll add a mention of Salute on 22nd April. I should be in attendance, should anyone else want to meet up or talk.