Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Cheers gang. Returning after a decade and a half.

Started by runequester, September 10, 2017, 10:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runequester

Cheers gang.

When Inquisitor came out, we delved into it deep, using it as everything from a mini's oriented roleplaying game to a short-lived game of 40K special forces :)

As I imagine many did, we used our Necromunda figures though.

Recently, my wife has been getting more interested in the 40K setting, by way of Eisenhorn and we've been playing some 40K and the thought occurred to me: Inquisitor!

So I secured a book off ebay and we're getting ready to run a small campaign.
She's a role player first and wargamer second, so it'll probably be a bit more roleplay oriented than what we did back in the day, though each session will still revolve around the big gun battle.

For maximum heresy, we won't be playing in 54mm... we won't be playing in 28mm.. no, we'll be playing with my Laserburn 15mm figures :)
(given how much Inquisitor seems to inherit from Laserburn, it seemed oddly appropriate and most of my terrain is in 15mm scale regardless)

Very excited to be back, and I'll share the characters we create today.

The game will be more of a "player and GM" experience, rather than the typical way the game is played.
Why not Dark Heresy? I want mini's, and Inquisitor flows a bit faster and easier in my experience. DH tends to get bogged down with all the skills and talents to keep track of.

mcjomar

WELCOME (BACK?) TO THE CONCLAVE!

Having never played laserburn, I can't really comment there (any recommended links?).
I hope that Eisenhorn is followed up with Ravenor, and the new Pariah book (hopefully more to come in that series...) - also, you'll see Heldane if you read the very first Gaunts Ghosts novel  ::).
I'd also somewhat recommend (hesitantly, as it's a little drier than Eisenhorn in some ways) The Inquisition War.
Caiphas Cain has some Inquisitorial Shenanigans in those pages (occasionally).

The new books by Mr French for GW cover some nice Inquisition related stuff also (the first in what may be a series is Resurrection).

The Last Chancers omnibus is ever so slightly Inquisition related.
There's probably more after that to suggest for the reading library, but I've probably forgotten them.
I'm sure some of the others may be able to recommend things I forgot.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

greenstuff_gav

i tend to find it's esy enough to write scenarios that don't need a GM so that's worth a try if the missus enjoys the game :)
She converting her own crew? be interesting to see both your crews and how they compare!
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Lord Borak

Welcome to the Forum mate!

I have no idea what Laserburn is (next step, google) but it will be nice to see some 15mm inquisitors. I don't I've ever seen them done at that scale. What plans do you have anyway?

Once you've done 15mm and caught the 'bug' you can have a crack at 54mm anyway ;)