Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

2017 Events

Started by MarcoSkoll, February 28, 2017, 05:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Borak

I'm free any weekend in both May and June :)

MarcoSkoll

Anyone else got any feelings about dates in May or June? (Which is only 2/3 months off now).

If no-one has anything to say, I may just take an executive decision and see if Dark Sphere has any tables free for the 20th May (not sure, as they list a Magic event on that day), which would be one of the easiest days for me to run an IRE playtest.

(I could run the IRE play-test at WHW if people *really* want, but it'd mean I had to get out of bed more than three hours earlier, which isn't ideal when it's me teaching/reviewing the rules).
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Cortez

20th May would be ok for me.

mcjomar

Dark sphere is only an hour and change away from me so it's not too bad.
I'd prefer a sunday though where possible. But if it has to be a saturday. Then i can't currently remember anything important on that date.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

MarcoSkoll

The problem there is that Dark Sphere's Sunday opening times are an hour shorter on each end than their Saturday hours (12-5, rather than 11-6), unless you pay for the privilege of them staying open longer. That heavily restricts how much can be got through in a day.

GW's =I= articles

Cortez

MarcoSkoll

After a bit of procrastination (entirely on my part, not theirs), I've finally got in contact with Dark Sphere, and they've confirmed they still have some tables available on Saturday May 20th. As such, I'm announcing an IRE playtest day.

Exact details will be forthcoming - I'm not yet certain whether the day will take the normal narrative format or be handled as stand-alone scenarios.
Given that IRE is an experimental ruleset that will take getting used to and will have some kinks, games may take a little longer to run. (Although in the long run I hope that it will streamline a few of the clunkier parts of Inquisitor).

Can people please get back to me as soon as possible so I can confirm numbers and get things booked in properly?

GW's =I= articles

Cortez

MarcoSkoll

Well, the response so far is hardly a resounding vote of confidence. I suppose I don't need many people, but I do have a back-up plan.

If there's people who just want a game day rather than worrying about any of the new-fangled IRE nonsense, I'm content to set it up as a conventional three game narrative day; I can run any games I am GMing as IRE rules, but any other tables will be free to run with LRB rules.

If we do it that way, anyone who's wary of IRE can just avoid the games I'm running for the day.

(This is arguably easier for me, as it will let me focus on running one game rather than having to tutor several).

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

Well, that kinda looks like IRE might be dead in the water - if interest is that low and people are so disinterested that nobody's even asking me to consider a different play-test date/venue, then the whole project might just have to be retired.

However, trying to not sink into feeling depressed about that ...

As far as the hypothetical idea of a day in Hemel Hempstead on 28th October, I have had some interest from other club members, so it looks like that might well be going ahead.
(I'll have to see if that interest can be turned into a more regular narrative at the club, rather than just a one-off day, but I'll take my victories where I can get them).

GW's =I= articles

Radu Lykan

I have a holiday coming up and won't know until after that about may 20th, don't jack it in yet, there is always hope :)

greenstuff_gav

i can throw a couplea narratives togehter if needed; can't commit as my health is bad at the mo (hence missing the last clave)  but can write a few scenarios no problem!
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

krenshar

The whole thread's only been up for a month, Marco and your booking announcement for a week so don't lose hope yet.  It may just be that people haven't seen it yet (I've just caught up on posts since mid February and perhaps I'm not be the only one) or else can't confirm either way at present.

That said, I'm afraid May is no good for me and June little better - I could do the 17th or 24th.
Hemel is a distinct possibility but not something I can confirm until late August or early September.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: krenshar on April 01, 2017, 12:42:58 PMThe whole thread's only been up for a month, Marco and your booking announcement for a week so don't lose hope yet.
I'm being slightly melodramatic, but it has at least got me a couple of "maybe" answers. :P

Unfortunately, I do need the answers soon enough to actually be able to confirm table numbers. Judging from the current levels of interest... maybe two tables?
I've not heard anything back from the Inquisitorium FB group - I've had a couple of "likes" on an announcement post, but after last time (where about four FB players bailed on me without warning or apology), I want their interest in writing, not just some casual button press.

QuoteI'm afraid May is no good for me and June little better - I could do the 17th or 24th.
Actually, I do want to propose a meet (even if it's just a mini-meet) on the 17th June at WHW.
(I might be able to do the 24th, if there's real pressure for it, but I'm less sure if I can make that*).

I've been helping track down players in the Nottingham area (John Blanche has a project in the works), and as I've had some luck, I'd like to get something on the calendar as a possible date to meet some of them in person.
It's enough in advance that table booking shouldn't be a problem, and it's not too close to the Dark Sphere date.

* I'll be away from home on the 17th, but I'll be free for the day. As I'll be close to a station just an hour out from Nottingham, it's fairly practical for me. And probably a welcome escape. The 24th is less clear.

QuoteHemel is a distinct possibility but not something I can confirm until late August or early September.
I know a lot of people won't be able to commit that far in advance, but it's not a date I can move around for people's convenience (the club's open days for this year have been booked since December), so I'm giving as much notice as I can offer.

Quote from: greenstuff_gav on March 30, 2017, 08:33:51 PM
i can throw a couplea narratives togehter if needed; can't commit as my health is bad at the mo (hence missing the last clave)  but can write a few scenarios no problem!
I may get back to you on that. I'm currently thumbing through my idea book.

I've got it in my mind I may want to chase up on some of the large amount of background material I've got sitting around left over from Dark Heresy games - there's some worlds I've yet to update the Carthax Wiki pages for, despite having written entire political landscapes and extensive histories for them.

GW's =I= articles

Van Helser

Now that I am gently settling into this fatherhood thing, I can potentially look at playing some games later this year.  Far more likely to be after September, but summer isn't entirely out of the question.  Wife has the casting vote though!

Ruaridh