Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

2017 Events

Started by MarcoSkoll, February 28, 2017, 05:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNephew

I should be able to do 20/5/17, so count me in.
That brings us up to five or six, doesn't it?

As for slow responses - it's a pretty slow forum, I'm checking weekly or fortnightly, rather than daily or hourly as I was ten years ago.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: TheNephew on April 02, 2017, 06:03:30 PMThat brings us up to five or six, doesn't it?
Totalling things up (including a few answers I've had via other channels).

List edited as of 12th April

Available:
Cortez
Krenshar
MarcoSkoll
The Nephew

Maybe:
Greenstuff_Gav
jediknight129
LeahO
LordBorak (earlier said he was free, but hasn't answered since I posted, so I'll wait for him to confirm)
mcjomar
Radu Lykan

No:
None

I've also got one spectator from the INQ28 Facebook group, but no-one's contacted me asking to play 28mm so far, so I'm very doubtful there'll be enough people for that.

Still, just the 54mm list looks healthier than the one and two half answers I had before.

~~~~~

Anyway, I'm working on a crib sheet for IRE that summarises most of the changes from the LRB, which will hopefully make it easier for people to launch into the playtesting on the day. More on that when it's done.

Quote from: Van Helser on April 02, 2017, 02:02:42 PMI can potentially look at playing some games later this year.  Far more likely to be after September, but summer isn't entirely out of the question.
Other than the possible event in Hemel on 28th October, there's nothing planned quite that far ahead, but we'll keep you posted.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

mcjomar

Well you can add me to the maybe list. All I have to do is jump on the train. But I need to check if I'm available that weekend.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

MarcoSkoll

Based on the current responses, I've booked two 6' x 4' tables for 20th May, which are now confirmed.

Should there be a surge of interest, I'll try to get another, but that would mean better numbers than we've had since the Eramus Affair in Autumn 2013.

GW's =I= articles

krenshar

I've managed to free up May 20th so colour me attending!
Do you want us prepared to GM a game each, Marco?

MarcoSkoll

Huzzah! Well, the current "Yes" answers are at least enough to fill one table and hopefully we'll get most of the maybes to fill the second.

As far as GMs, I'm expecting to spend the day GMing (in order that I can be all authoritative on the IRE rules), but I'm trying to keep most of the other scenarios relatively GM-lite. I think most of the omniscient narration can be handled via something like a card deck, letting the players handle the rest of the GM role between them.

In any case, I'm getting close to having the players' briefing pack ready, even if I'm a way off having the entire event ready.

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

So, with The Wastes done (although I have yet to get around to posting a summary and seeing how many of my pictures are any good), it's time to start planning what's next.

I'm not immediately looking to run another narrative event (having run two stories just two weeks from each other, I'd like a break from writing), but if anyone else has a narrative they'd like to run, then that will be very welcome. (And if anyone wants help with booking tables or getting the word out, I'm happy to help).

Obviously, another option would be having this year's IGT. I am willing to run that (the organisation is rather demanding on the day, but it doesn't demand I write an entire new plot), but am also prepared to stand aside to let someone else take the role, or share the responsibility with someone else.

I'm a little too tired right now to check my availability over the next few months properly, so I'll leave that for some other time, but nonetheless the floor is open for discussion of what's happening next.

GW's =I= articles

Lord Borak

I'm up for an IGT at WHW. It's good incentive to finish off a few war bands.

I'm on holiday for two weeks from the 8th of July and again for a week from the 27th of October. Other than that I'm free any weekend. I know I said that before but next time work says they're desperate for me to come in the can 'do one' :D

TheNephew

I'd be up for more Dark Sphere, so it looks like there're attendees regardless of venue.

It was good to see that a day runs smoothly with as few as four players, and the last IGT I was at (years ago) with twice that number went just as well.

Cortez

I'm willing to run the IGT again. I've still got all the files and stuff from last year. Although that will need a bigger number of attendees ideally. As for dates I was thinking about August or September.

Another smaller campaign either at WHW or Dark Sphere would be good too. The last few such days seem to have gone well. I have got a nebulous idea for a campaign day, that I could flesh out, or we've got the Golden Aegis affair to do at some point.

MarcoSkoll

August is a likely time for people to be on holiday, but I suppose we can ask anyway and see who's around.

Looking at my calendar, the Saturdays where I think I'm already booked for the rest of the year are: (that is, this is my UN-availability)
June 10th & 24th
July 1st, 22nd & 29th
Maybe August 12th
September 23rd
October 14th

(That said, I might be able to wriggle out of some of them, depending on how vital I am to their proceedings. Or it's possible there are others I've forgotten about).

And then I'd like to run an event in Hemel Hempstead on 28th October (if numbers will allow it).

~~~~~

As far as numbers for the IGT, I can probably ask Gav Thorpe to share any event we put on Facebook. (And I now have control of the 'Clave Facebook page, so getting it as an FB event is easy enough).

In that case, I might recommend incorporating some form of ticketing or at least limited spaces (on a first reserved, first served basis) in order to encourage people to commit rather than just hovering around as "maybes" and making it much harder to know numbers.

However... if we want to get any real numbers for the IGT from outside our current crowd - I feel I have to make the somewhat radical suggestion of breaking with tradition and renaming it as "The Grand Conclave".
Although we can explain it's not a normal gaming tournament, everyone we have to explain that to (and I have to explain it to a lot of people) is someone who could have been put off - and there's a lot of people who must just disregard the event entirely.

GW's =I= articles

mcjomar

August the 12th (and the following weekend - 19th?) is probably right out for my timings.
Ditto July 29th.
I've got no current idea about any of the rest of june/july/august/september/october quite yet, although anything around June/July 13th is out (or the weekends nearest to those dates).

No idea wht I'd do for IGT - I've got at most a nebulous idea, but it'll require me to quickly paint 3-4 figures, and given that I just finished a LotR fellowship on moria plinth as a present for someone I'm in a "not painting today" mood recently. At least in terms of speed painting.
Although in fairness, painting anything that is "not LotR please not LotR" might not be too bad.

The idea itself will probably be quite simple so not sure how it would score for IGT, especially as my GM abilities are poor (score wise I'd likely end up better off as a bye rather than GM, but who knows, maybe my winging it might work!).
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Cortez

September would probably be the best for an IGT then (unless people want to leave it until November and have a different event first).

Ideally I think we could do with ~8-12 people for the IGT. 6 would be a minimum.

greenstuff_gav

i'd try harder to make a GT; hopefully convince myself to actually play!
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

RobSkib

I'd be super up for running something - it's been a while, and it's definitely an incentive for me to actually keep the date free ;)
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.