Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

54mm Ork Kommando (including Kromlech Kaptin Orc review)

Started by Aurelius, March 08, 2017, 12:50:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurelius

Well when this guy, Kaptin Orc came up for a deal from Kromlech I couldn't resist. I present to you my 54mm Ork Kommando ready to be painted.

As I haven't found any kit photos online here is how he comes. Main problem from our gaming point of view is the left hand is part of the brick wall. It's a cool pose but not really practical for a gaming piece.

Lovely crisp detail.

OK so after some very very careful cutting with a jewellers saw I was able to remove the hand from the wall, but a bit of damage occurred.

Scratch built a slugga and choppa

And then resculpted the hand

And here is the result. A cool model with a big presence. He is not massive, I'd say normal Ork Boy sized, but that suits my plans well.

And size comparisons

Hope you like him, any ideas on paint scheme?

Cheers Aurelius

mcjomar

Dark Green as he's probably tough, and likely to be a Goff Kommando, would be my guess, but YMMV.
Of course, I'm mostly taking that from Armageddon, and the old Kommando metal box set images (I like those little minis).
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Cortez

He has a quite primitive feel about him so I'd suggest painting him as a Snakebite Clan Ork.

Aurelius

Quote from: mcjomar on March 08, 2017, 01:11:24 PM
Dark Green as he's probably tough, and likely to be a Goff Kommando, would be my guess, but YMMV.
Of course, I'm mostly taking that from Armageddon, and the old Kommando metal box set images (I like those little minis).
There really isn't that much skin to show, and I was thinking fairly muted pale skin (operating far from the Waaagh and all that). But definitely camo pants like the old kommandos

Quote from: Cortez on March 08, 2017, 02:47:28 PM
He has a quite primitive feel about him so I'd suggest painting him as a Snakebite Clan Ork.
I can see what you are saying about snakebites, but he is wearing a full body suit. Yes the shield is primitive, but chainsword choppa isn't.
I'm thinking some blue warpaint would make him pop regardless

Thanks for the suggestions guys, really haven't seen many Orks around these parts (for obvious reasons I know)
Cheers Aurelius