Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

54mm kickstarter kurkova

Started by mcjomar, March 17, 2017, 09:26:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcjomar

I got this in the post recently.
Infamy Miniatures OneShots kickstarter for Tara Kurkova.
It's wonderfully in scale with (for example) the Thorian sculpt.
I'm going to have her either as a pilot, or maybe a Knight, with a cyber mutt.
I'm thinking this kind of cyber mutt will be a ranged attacker with an inbuilt lasgun, and carrying a medikit in the pouch on its side, which can be used by other party members. Sort of a beast of burden, but with a cannon for a head.

The static base she came with will probably be used as a small-scale imperial holo device at both 28mm and 54mm scales.

There's a dynamic version of the model also, but mine arrived missing the left arm, so I'm not sure what to do about that.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Cortez

Nice model. How does the style compare to the 40k aesthetic?

For the one that's missing an arm, assuming you can't get a replacement, I'd suggest a bionic arm or an implant weapon.

mcjomar

I've requested a replacement via kickstarter message to the folks who made them, but yeah if that doesn't pan out I'll probably consider alternatives.

Style-wise I'm not sure.
The dog, for example, looks a lot less blocky than the standard 40k cybermutt. That said, given a couple of well placed skulls, I'm sure it would fit in in no time. Right now the dog looks clean, but skeletal.

Similarly, the lady is in good scale, and has some sort of spinal thing going on on the back of her bodysuit. A few artfully places aquilae and/or skulls will fix anything that doesn't seem quite right, as otherwise she doesn't look too bad, albeit non-heroic.
She's got a sort of Imperial Guard/Imperial Navy grunt on the ground sort of feel to her.
Given that I've recently read Kingsblade by Alex Clark I am very tempted to have either her, or Borak's Noble as a Knight pilot, with her looking like she just stepped out of one, while the Noble looking like he's one dressed up to meet a bunch of other battlefield leaders or other diplomatic types for a discussion on strategies, or somesuch.

My mechanicus-style conversion of the Thorian might make a suitable sacristan-type character, albeit one who has equipped himself with a lot of weapons for the time being to protect his Knight from hostile intentions, maybe.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: mcjomar on March 17, 2017, 11:43:37 AMGiven that I've recently read Kingsblade by Alex Clark I am very tempted to have either her, or Borak's Noble as a Knight pilot, with her looking like she just stepped out of one, while the Noble looking like he's one dressed up to meet a bunch of other battlefield leaders or other diplomatic types for a discussion on strategies, or somesuch.
From my perspective, this would be quite interesting, as it would tie into similar ideas I have for Princeps Rogen; I'd quite enjoy exploring a dynamic between a Knight and Princeps, particularly considering their quite different backgrounds.

(Current drafts of Helane's background have her hailing from a lower hive, and being discovered as a possible Princeps candidate based on a Guard psych-evaluation; a history that'd be fairly well known in-universe, at least within that kind of circle. The way each of them would react to the other's history, record and rank is to me an interesting question).

Of course, the real question is if you're going to build a Knight Titan. ;D

S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles