Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Two more WiPs

Started by mcjomar, April 24, 2016, 02:46:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcjomar

My thinking is that if he doesn't, the daemon will overwhelm him.
Or something to that effect anyway.

It means that a canny player/opponent, whose character figures out his Achilles heel, will be able to take him apart, removing his fancy powers, albeit at the risk of putting the daemon in charge (under the control of either the GM, or a gentleman's agreement of in-character-for-the-daemon randomness if no GM is available). I figured it might make an interesting method of messing with daemonic possession, and actually giving a character with this issue a serious risk of having it happen to him.

Obviously as a first draft of this idea on virtual paper, it's going to need a little fine tuning.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Van Helser

Nice build of a little seen model there.  I have a Gorkamorka cannon/shotgun that's been dying to find the right character for it too.

I think the raven is going to end up a little lost on the base there.  I feel it should be higher up.  Perhaps if there was a lamp post beside him with the raven on top?  Maybe an opportunity for some lighting effects on the paint job?

Ruaridh

Radu Lykan

I have that same pose in the works on my thorian :) although in the works is perhaps a bit misleading, haven't worked on him in a few years :)
http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=224.0

Nice job adding gubbinz

mcjomar

Cheers, and nice work on the Thorian yourself!
Lord Borak now has an original to create copies/masters from, so at this point the Conclave is now covered for Thorians.
I've got two more of the sculpt to work with now after this one, and I have the opportunity to think about what to do with that. Thanks Borak!

@Van Helser, yeah you might have a point.
I pretty much just threw it on there right off the Kromlech blister pack.
Sadly I don't currently have any of the Sector Imperialis streetlamps (yet).
I'm afraid the recent dearth of SI bits is my fault!
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Mike Blake

Mcjomar - this one has gone quiet but I need to ask you about some blue plastic figures in one of your early photos. They look like Tehnolog Lizards-in-Space? If they are  - can I be cheeky and ask if you could spare one?

I have made mine into a small Zaurian/Saurian Away team (will post some photos in a separate thread) . Having used the last one, converting him/it into a Heavy Flamer Operative I saw a Gears of War Megablock Covenant Bike thing which would make a 'land speeder' for my Zaurian Squad. The figures don't appear on eBay any more and so I am screwed unless I can find someone out there who has one to sell or swap.

Thanks for listening.

Your conversions are A-MAZE-ING by the way.

mcjomar

Thanks!

The blue plastics are 32mm female tehnolog armoured troopers. Female marines maybe. They're too big for 40k and too small for inquisitor except as pygmies maybe.

I've grabbed some tehnolog 54mm wereeolves for use as tarellian dog soldiers. The plastic isn't very impressive though. Very irritating for gluing.

mcjomar

Inq28

Samantha

Jack wip

blurry headswap

Lord Borak

A good collection of figures there mate. The last one looks VERY big, even for 54mm. What scale is that one? Something from NorthStar again?

The Cyber-Hounds gundog thing looks AWESOME. I think I need to make myself one of those. I have mastiffs sitting in my bits box that need a use!

mcjomar

By the last one do you mean the two leaping models?
Those are action poses of the kurkova lady from the group shot (you can see her compared to your noble mini) so those are in scale.
If you mean the stuff below that then everything down there is 28mm. I used the zoom function on my phone on the off chance I'd get a good photo.