Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

54mm Staff Car

Started by Aurelius, March 26, 2017, 03:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurelius

Quick and nasty 54mm scale Inquisitorial staff car. Made from a $1.25 op-shop toy.

Beginning with this

And little conversion (cover windows, plastic sheeting on roof and hood, a few imperial eagles)

And done!

An Inquisitor and her retinue disembark from their staff car

Cheers Aurelius

Lord Borak

Nice! What scale is that?

Cortez

Looks great. Scale works really well.

I particularly like the conversion of that Reaper Miniatures model too.

Aurelius

No idea on scale as it is a toy car, but I would hesitantly put it around 1/24. Bit big but hey sci fi, and even my power armour inquisitor could fit in there! It will comfortably fit 2 in the front and 4 in the back, so perfect warband transport

mcjomar

That's a good idea. Nice work.
Did you cut out the glass or stick paper inside?
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

realitybytes16

Man I wish I could find more stuff like this - I can never find well-scaled vehicles.

Which parts have you used for those two characters?

Aurelius

Thanks all :)

Quote from: mcjomar on March 27, 2017, 06:46:50 AM
That's a good idea. Nice work.
Did you cut out the glass or stick paper inside?
I ditched the interior (kept for later as nice in-scale couches) and stuck thin carboard inside. Cheap and nasty but they came out ok

Quote from: realitybytes16 on March 27, 2017, 07:46:41 PM
Man I wish I could find more stuff like this - I can never find well-scaled vehicles.

Which parts have you used for those two characters?

Me too normally. I would really like to make some more mining vehicles and so on, you just need a keen eye for conversion possibility.

Here's my project log for those two characters, including much nicer pics :)
http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2529.msg33944#msg33944

Heroka Vendile

Very nice. Needs more skulls though :p
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy