Annoyingly enough, the files contained in my REMake folders from steam are protected in such a way that I can't just extract the contents of the ARC files using PEAZip to get at the models.
Quite strange that companies might want to protect their files in such a way
anyway, I managed to grab the Jill file (and a few more) from an alternative source, so at least I've got that much.
The question now is whether or not I can take the core OBJ file in my copy of max and mudbox (i prefer max to maya, but that's just me) and add the necessary details before sending to somewhere like shapeways.
I would, for example, have an issue with how she's armed, as the core model apparently lacks such things as her handgun.
But if I could either find or create a suitable weapon, that might alleviate the issue. A bog-standard stubber, for instance, would do the job nicely.
On the other hand, perhaps I would be better advised to convert using some of the 28mm imperial guard hands/gear.