Author Topic: New Dawn - 20th May 2017, Dark Sphere  (Read 107 times)

Online MarcoSkoll

• Arch Data-Archivist
  • Grand Lord Inquisitor
  • Time for some thrilling heroics.
New Dawn - 20th May 2017, Dark Sphere
« on: April 15, 2017, 03:21:19 PM »
New Dawn
A one day Inquisitor event at Dark Sphere, London - 20th May 2017

The famous yet notorious Inquisitor Levenson is missing in action, last seen prosecuting the secessionist Dark Sun cult on Maedai.
As one of the Carthax sector's leading authorities on the capture, containment and termination of high level rogue psykers, but also a suspected Istvaanian, accused of severe crimes against his Holy Emperor, Levenson's disappearance demands the attention of both his allies and enemies.

Event Briefing pack (V 0.1 - updated 15th March)
Facebook event page (I'll try to post all important updates over there as well. For those of you who only check the 'Clave occasionally, that may be an easier way to stay up-to-date).

~~~~~

New Dawn is a three-round game day, intended as a playtest for the Inquisitor Revised Edition rules. However, as IRE is largely compatible with the existing LRB, the use of IRE rules will be at the discretion of the organiser of each game table.

I will hopefully release a slightly more refined version of IRE prior to the event.

~~~~~

54mm availability (as of 20th March):

Available:
Cortez
Krenshar
MarcoSkoll
The Nephew

Maybe:
Greenstuff_Gav
jediknight129
LeahO
LordBorak (earlier said he was free, but hasn't answered since I posted, so I'll wait for him to confirm)
mcjomar
Radu Lykan

~~~~~

Behind the scenes:
The first part of the background fluff for New Dawn is actually a Dark Heresy campaign I ran a while back. Don't worry - you won't need to know the story of that though. (That'd be somewhat silly, as none of the original players are attending).

I just had a lot of background from the setting that made for a good starting point for something new.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 06:26:31 PM by MarcoSkoll »
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Offline Van Helser

• Warmaster 2011
  • Grand Lord Inquisitor
    • My Models
Re: New Dawn - 20th May 2017, Dark Sphere
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 06:47:29 PM »
Shared on The Carthaxian Inquisitor Facebook page.

Personally won't be able to attend, but hope the post drags some interest your way.

Ruaridh

Online MarcoSkoll

• Arch Data-Archivist
  • Grand Lord Inquisitor
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 01:40:56 AM »
Much appreciated.

I wasn't expecting you to be available, but I guess that means you won't have to suffer the shonky early versions of IRE. :P

GW's =I= articles

Offline TheNephew

• Inquisitor
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 11:32:25 AM »
Re-confirming my availability.

I'm aiming to finally get around to building and painting my Talon(?) ganger for a bit of a change in the crew.

Offline Radu Lykan

• Inquisitor Lord
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 06:11:53 PM »
Going to have to pull it of this. Gutted I can't make it, my wedding anniversary and associated wife time mean I won't be coming. Make sure plentiful pics are taken :)

Online MarcoSkoll

• Arch Data-Archivist
  • Grand Lord Inquisitor
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 02:20:06 AM »
Noted in both cases.

I hope to get some fluff about the world/characters on the Carthax Wiki sometime soon, in order that players can think about their motivations for the day in advance. I'm not going to make that a promise just yet though - I first want to get the vitals of the day's scenarios sorted and ideally find time to do some preliminary rules tests. (Things like a lot of IRE's modifiers being placeholders at the moment - obviously, fixing that is part of the point of the day, but I'd rather spot any glaring errors in advance. It'll be more fun for all, and a good first impression will be better for IRE's chances of surviving as a ruleset).

GW's =I= articles