Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

I accidentally a tank.

Started by mcjomar, April 26, 2017, 08:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcjomar

Sorry for the internet humour, but it seemed fitting.

I grabbed a 1/35 bradley on account of this page:
https://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Scale_Model_Kits_for_40K

Specifically in thoughts of having a properly scaled guard chimera.
Honestly, on balance the current Chimera kit could be worse in terms of scale...

So yeah, the bradley is a wee bit big for use in 28mm. Makes a much better land raider (except for the fact it has a turret, but let's glide right by that bit, eh?).
Otherwise... I could deploy it as a 54mm tank of some description. A 54mm alternative construction Chimera maybe, if I cover it in enough gubbins. Strap a multilaser to the top and a heavy bolter on the front, and it might work?
Maybe? I have plenty of spares, so I don't know.

Amusingly, the wheels move so I suppose if I build it right it will have moving tracks, so I can push it across the battlefield making tank noises (until someone with a powerfist or similar comes along).

Thoughts?
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

MarcoSkoll

Pictures to see the relative size and scale of it would probably be quite useful.

I suspect that 18.7 x 10.3 x 8.5 is probably going to look on the small side alongside 54mm Inquisitor models.

My Rhino is about half as large again in each direction - 27 x 18 x 12. I admit that's actually a little large - I messed up when reading the dimensions from the Imperial Armour data sheets and ended up with something closer to 60mm scale - but it's not stupidly so (and the upside is that a few extra millimetres here and there means the rear compartment will actually accommodate a majority of models).

I suspect that model is more likely to look right in the role of something like the FV101 Scorpion or FV107 Scimitar, light reconnaissance vehicles only only intended to have a small crew and no carrying capacity.
That would put it in the same kind of role as the Salamander Scout, although more sensibly designed. (I have to assume building a scout tank from the Chimera's IFV chassis is AdMech obstinacy - the fact it's built to house a squad of 10-12 makes it far too large to be a sensible scout vehicle).
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

mcjomar

Well it's safe to say there's no standing room inside but my initial eyeballing of an eldar ranger next to the on-off ramp suggests that it would be little more than a tight fit. But yes almost certainly a scout tank for a small squad of no more than four probably two of whom would have to drive and shoot respectively.
Nothing bigger than a guardsman allowed.
It's not fully built and I haven't decided how to gubbins it up enough to make it suitable for 40k just yet so pictures may have to wait at least long enough for that.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

TallulahBelle

Essentially a 40k bren carrier! Awesome. You could do it for say a local enforcers patrol vehicle perhaps?