Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Hello From Yorkshire

Started by WildJimScurvy, May 11, 2017, 07:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WildJimScurvy

Hello all,

Only ever played a couple of games of Inquisitor back in the day but always remained a favourite of mine when I fancied getting stuck into to some rule reading or creating characters.

If there's anybody around the York area (or even around the North area?) that would ever be interested in getting involved in a game I'd love to hear from you.

Enjoy your continuing scourging of heretics and the like all.

MarcoSkoll

Welcome to the Conclave!

Sorry for the delay in getting your account verified - I've had to dig through over ten thousand spammers to find about thirty valid accounts. (I've beefed up our anti-spam measures in response).

As far as members up north... I can't immediately remember anyone in York, but there are a few players around Leeds* and Bradford, and a little further away there are people in Preston and Middlesborough.
*Particularly if you're happy to play in 28mm scale, which has become much more of a thing these days. The modern plastic kits are a lot easier to do characterful conversions with than the single-pose metals of old. Personally, I collect Inquisitor in both scales.

And if you're content for an occasional trek, we hold events at Warhammer World in Nottingham from time to time. I don't think we've got one on the calendar *just* yet (our next event will be in London), but watch this space.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Lord Borak

Welcome to the Conclave mate!!

York is about 3hrs drive for me I'm afraid :/ As Marco said, however, we do hold events at WHW now and again. Although I'm up for a trip to WHW at even a few weeks notice as I have weekends off. I just need to run it past the 'Boss'.

WildJimScurvy

Thanks for the warm welcome chaps.

Good to see that, although I may have to travel, it's looks like there are options for me having the odd game, great news.  Now I just need some models to actually play I guess... maybe some characters too...

Lord Borak

Check out the Modelling resources thread in the painting and modelling section. 54mm models can be a bit tricky to find but they are out there. Or you can just buy some real inquisitor models off ebay. Some tend to be quite expensive but nothing too bad. I think I have some spare Inquisitor models in the bitz box but nothing exciting.

mcjomar

Welcome to the Conclave!

I'm always curious to see what people come up with for models/characters. ;D
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

RobSkib

York you say? I'm Middlesbrough-based with access to a few casual players, and York is barely an hour on the train from me!
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.