Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

The Wastes - Saturday June 3rd at WHW, with John Blanche

Started by MarcoSkoll, May 19, 2017, 06:42:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcoSkoll

The Wastes
A one day Inquisitor event at Warhammer World, Nottingham - 3rd June 2017

A routine augur scan of the world Eurone has picked up abnormal levels of both  electromagnetic and psychic activity from within a region known as "The Wastes" - a non-fertile region of little use to the agri-hive world, and officially uninhabited. The region is largely uncharted, with few living outsiders who have any knowledge of the region, making it a dangerous prospect to explore.

But nonetheless, The Wastes hold secrets that, unchecked, could devastate the Imperium of Man...

Player Pack - V1, updated 1st June.

~~~~~

Original post:
It looks like an event from the Inquisitorium Facebook group has fallen through, and I've had John Blanche contact me off the back of that saying he'd like to join some (54mm) games at WHW.

I've contacted WHW and the only viable day is the 3rd (the day the original event fell through). I know that's very short notice and very close on the tail of New Dawn, but it's not something that needs to be a mega event - just a few people would be fine.

Can I take numbers and see if this plan might hold any water at all?
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Cortez

3rd June is doable. Might even be able to get that new model finished by then (Going to fall short for tomorrow :()

Lord Borak

Even though it's short notice I can't see why not......... Is Mr Blanche really going to be there?

Pencil me in.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Cortez on May 19, 2017, 06:47:46 PMMight even be able to get that new model finished by then (Going to fall short for tomorrow :()
I haven't managed to get all my NPC guard sorted for tomorrow, but I have got most of them a lot more presentable than last time!

Quote from: Lord Borak on May 19, 2017, 10:38:25 PMIs Mr Blanche really going to be there?
It's not an absolute promise, as John is fairly frail these days, but what he's said so far is that he should be able to make it.

GW's =I= articles

mcjomar

I'm super tempted, but I think my future father in law has his birthday party/lunch that weekend.

So I'm kind of disappointed that I likely won't be able to make it, as getting to meet Mr Blanche would be really cool.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

MarcoSkoll

I've had three people (other than John) say they're available so far, so I've put in a booking for two tables. (Which I presume will be more than enough - given the short notice and the fact we're competing with the UK games expo).

It's only just gone in, so it's not yet confirmed, but I was told on Friday that they still had loads of free tables, so we should be okay.

GW's =I= articles

mcjomar

I have to confirm as a no-show for this (and it's killing me because this is such an awesome opportunity).
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Lord Borak

Still OK to go :)

What are the plans Game-wise? Shall I just bring 'everything' again?

MarcoSkoll

I have no more than vague ideas right now, as I've barely had time to sort anything since the announcement*, but I hope to give you guys some idea of what's going on as soon as possible.

We are, however, confirmed booked in!

* Saturday was the IRE test day, Sunday was a boating event,  Monday started with an hour and a half getting a plastic sack off a boat prop, followed up by a major gearbox failure on the other boat, and then ended with the foulest dog vomit I have ever encountered. And today so far has been punting the failed boat to a boatyard so it can be left there for repairs. So yeah.

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

General appeal: Does anyone attending have any thugs, brutes or other lower class goons that could be spared for the event? I'm trying to nail down plans and it'd help to know what NPCs can be borrowed.

(Just to be clear, I'm not necessarily going with this particular plan, so don't suddenly rush around trying to work on anything).

GW's =I= articles

greenstuff_gav

whatever happened to Golden Aegis? :)

am negotiating iwth the missus about coming along but can always post NPCs to you in advance?
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

I'm not desperate enough for NPCs that I'll need them posted - as it happens, RobSkib is available for the day and has offered quite a selection.

Quote from: greenstuff_gav on May 27, 2017, 01:25:29 AMwhatever happened to Golden Aegis? :)
I don't actually have all of Golden Aegis (I think I've got some of the printouts, but not all of them). In any case, I wasn't planning on running it without your permission (and I didn't want to pester you while you seem to be in something of a wargaming low).

But I now have the framework of something else, so Golden Aegis can be saved for a time when you're ready to run it.

GW's =I= articles

Lord Borak

Work has struck. I'm not going to be able to make the 3rd I'm afraid :/

TallulahBelle

Il try, I'm trying to get hold of my painter atm

Cortez

I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to make this now either. Looks like I'm going to have to work this weekend :(.