Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

The Wastes - Saturday June 3rd at WHW, with John Blanche

Started by MarcoSkoll, May 19, 2017, 06:42:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holiad

Hope to be able to make this event, though I'm afraid my brother is playing bridge.
Poor noble Marech
Noone 'till the end could see
Your brave heart of fire

MarcoSkoll

Just about in time, here's the event briefing pack so that you actually have the slightest clue what this event is about:

~~~~~

A routine augur scan of the world Eurone has picked up abnormal levels of both electromagnetic and psychic activity from within a region known as "The Wastes" - a non-fertile region of little use to the agri-hive world, and officially uninhabited. The region is largely uncharted, with few living outsiders who have any knowledge of the region, making it a dangerous prospect to explore.

Player Pack - V1, updated 1st June.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

It's probably not hugely relevant, but I have also created a Facebook Event:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1357430270969321/

Also, if any of the "maybe" people could give clear answers on their attendance as soon as possible, it would be much appreciated.

I have got enough confirmed people that I can scrape by even after Cortez and LordBorak have had to drop out, but an extra person or two wouldn't hurt.

GW's =I= articles

TallulahBelle

If someone can lend me some models I will be a definite attendee, seems i can't get them off my paintwr as he is on holiday -screams in frustration- or not answering his dammed phone. I'm REALLY  annoyed about this but still want to come down.

MarcoSkoll

I can spare Lyra Rhodes' warband*, or I can probably beg a few more off RobSkib. (Rob has one of the largest Inquisitor collections I know of, somewhere over a hundred different characters).

* I think I need to keep Lady Riemann in reserve should I end up joining in myself.

GW's =I= articles

RobSkib

Hi! Yes, I am confirming publicly that I'm coming, plus bringing a couple along with me. I'll have warbands and goons aplenty, so if you need to borrow a few (or a few dozen...) then I have plenty of interesting things to have a ball with.
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

MarcoSkoll

Well, with those numbers, I think our list looks like:

Yes:
jediknight129
John Blanche
MarcoSkoll
RobSkib
RobSkib's friend #1
RobSkib's friend #2

Maybe:
Holiad
Matt (from UoN RPGSoc)

No:
Cortez
greenstuff_gav
LordBorak
mcjomar

Not too bad for an event that's been organised at quite such short notice. And it's not completely impossible that we'll get a walk-in or two, as Gav Thorpe ended up sharing the Facebook announcement.

So now I'm a mite worried that we might actually need an extra table. (Mind you, every time I think that, it's fine).

Well, if it is a problem, I suppose we can cross that bridge when we get there; It is at least an open gaming day, with nothing else on, so there may be a little spare space.

GW's =I= articles

greenstuff_gav

i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

mcjomar

I'm a no. My future father-in-law has his birthday that day.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

MarcoSkoll

GW's =I= articles

TallulahBelle

I'm on my way transports been a nightmare should be there by 1. Sorry...

MarcoSkoll

I haven't got time to do a full action report now (I'm briefly on the Wi-Fi at Nottingham station before my train leaves), but thanks to all who arrived and joined in today.

It's been great fun, and it's been good to see both old and new faces.

GW's =I= articles

Matt Spencer

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on June 03, 2017, 07:05:43 PM
I haven't got time to do a full action report now (I'm briefly on the Wi-Fi at Nottingham station before my train leaves), but thanks to all who arrived and joined in today.

It's been great fun, and it's been good to see both old and new faces.
Thanks for running it; I had a lot of fun and enjoyed getting to meet everyone.

MarcoSkoll

It was good to meet you Matt - I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it, and I'll certainly try to help keep you appraised of other future events (given that WHW is practically on your front door!)

~~~~~

For those wondering, yes, John did make it - he wasn't with us for the full day, as he also used the opportunity to talk business with some people at the office (with his health, this is apparently the first time he's been over to WHW in about six months), but he apparently very much enjoyed the game that RobSkib ran.

I also finally remembered to have him add his signature to my rulebook (about five years after we first met!):

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

Slightly belated thanks to everyone who turned up on Saturday.

On the day, the Inquisition's investigations lead them to the local myth and legend of the The Twicefold Man.
Through their investigation, it became clear that this was no mere alias - it was a description of a body-snatching daemon.

The combined efforts of the parties involved (well, most of them, any way. No thanks to Interrogator Dune deciding to start gunning down the guardsmen trying to contain the threat) foiled the immediate plot, destroying the daemon engine The Twicefold Man had created - with no small help from a Razorback and Sentinel offering fire support.

However, the victory was tainted - taking advantage of the confusion, The Twicefold Man made good an escape, vanishing into thin air.
With the daemon now free to wreak more havoc upon the sector, this failure could cost the Imperium dearly...

(Pictures when I can be bothered to sort through them!)

GW's =I= articles