Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Hello all!

Started by gpemby, May 30, 2017, 10:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gpemby

Good morning, good afternoon or good evening to you!

I am a long long time lurker on here but I have finally reached the point where I can look to start building, collecting and playing again. I am starting simple by picking up a few models on eBay and Facebook and I'll be spending a bit of time each week to build up my models and get a war band or two together!

I am an old 40k player who jumped on Inquisitor when it first came out  and loved it but gave it up when they dropped it and stopped holding events at my then local GW. Many years have passed and I stopped playing 40k when I went to uni. I have been keen to get back to it for many years but have had to wait to get job, family and other hobbies in line to have the time and funds. That time has finally come!

Looking forward to contributing!

Lord Borak

WELCOME TO THE FORUM

What have you got planned? FB can be a good source of models. Annoyingly I missed out on some Dock Workers on FB!! :/

I find inquisitor quite an easy game to get people involved with/in. Only needing 3 models means the time you need to spend on getting a Warband up and running is relatively small compared to getting a whole 40k army done.

MarcoSkoll

Indeed, welcome to The Conclave. It's always good to see people getting back into the game.

Feel free to ask any questions and share any ideas you have with the forum - and we are also kind of an adhoc Inquisitor club, so also consider yourself invited to any events we might hold. (Which are usually at Warhammer World in Nottingham, but we also occasionally hold events at Dark Sphere in London).
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

gpemby

Quote from: Lord Borak on May 30, 2017, 10:57:02 PM
What have you got planned? FB can be a good source of models. Annoyingly I missed out on some Dock Workers on FB!! :/

I actually bought some of the models off that guy! The dock workers were already gone but I got some guards at a crazy price so I am very happy (as long as they arrive)

At the moment I have a Eisenhorn conversion, scratch build guard/soldier and Tau fire warrior on my build table (I was a Tau player when they were first released so I love the Spanish guys model!) I will add them to the modeling section in good time!

I then have a big bag of bits that I have accumulated over that last couple of months to help expand my model collection. I have a long list of ideas but I am trying to keep the WIP to 2 or 3 so I don't let the project slip.

Quote from: MarcoSkoll
also consider yourself invited to any events we might hold.

Thank you! I am based in Tamworth (North of Birmingham) so Nottingham is not far away at all! I am definitely up for joining in with the events!

Lord Borak

I was tempted to buy the Guardsmen off that guy as well just because they were cheap but I have 10 already so seriously don't need any more!! I only need one of of the dock workers to complete the entire range now :( So was a bit gutted when I saw that it had gone. Oh well! The search continues!

The Fire Warriors are awesome and I have grabbed a couple myself for a project I'll probably never get round to doing!!

If you need any weapons/bits let me know. I have a fairly big stash of spares now.

realitybytes16

WELCOME TO THE FORUM

Looking forward to seeing what you build up! :)