Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

gpemby WIP

Started by gpemby, June 01, 2017, 10:28:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Van Helser

Very nice work with press casting. Mine alway comes out poorly, or with enormous flash to hack through.

Who's the gun fighter? I don't recognise the parts.

gpemby

Quote from: Van Helser on July 12, 2017, 11:58:15 AM
Very nice work with press casting. Mine alway comes out poorly, or with enormous flash to hack through.

Who's the gun fighter? I don't recognise the parts.

Thanks, I am still learning a lot about the press casting and improving day by day. Some recent casts have come out nearly perfect so I am very happy with that side of component duplication.

The gun fighter is a 54mm Highwayman off ebay, but the person who measured him is clearly blind as he stands 70 mm tall. I am pondering how best to 'cut' him down to size but I loved the pose so when the manufacturer 'end of lined' him out for £10 I took the gamble!

Here is the seller: http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/darkstarmini?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2754

RobSkib

Quote from: gpemby on July 12, 2017, 12:29:59 PM
The gun fighter is a 54mm Highwayman off ebay, but the person who measured him is clearly blind as he stands 70 mm tall.

Oh boo, really? He's one I've been eyeing up for a while too :(

Do you have a scale photo of him standing next to an Inquisitor model?
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

gpemby

Quote from: RobSkib on July 13, 2017, 11:47:01 AM
Oh boo, really? He's one I've been eyeing up for a while too :(

Do you have a scale photo of him standing next to an Inquisitor model?

Here you go, not as bad as i thought but still very tall!

RobSkib

Gosh yes, he's a giant! I don't think he's out of the realms of plausibility but he'll stick out on the tabletop alright.

Also, is the top half of his head missing, or is it just me?

+++++++

gpemby

Quote from: RobSkib on July 14, 2017, 03:53:01 PM
Also, is the top half of his head missing, or is it just me?

He's missing his hat.

gpemby

Not 100 % sure on the best 'other' place for a request like this but I am after a set of the hands holding the pistol grips that came in one of the expansion packs. I need one of each hand (a left and a right) so I can use them for scale measures to look at creating 'new' versions of them for inclusion in my planned gun packs. Would anyone have a pair that they could part with or even loan for a short period? I have a fair sizes bits box now for trades or happy to pay.

RobSkib

I'll have a look when I'm home from work tonight.
                                     +++++++

Lord Borak

I have quite a few sets of those in the bitz box. :) You're welcome to a pair.

gpemby

Decided it's probs best to move my new guns updates to my WIP.

So ayway, high caliber auto pistol anyone?

MarcoSkoll

If you're looking for serious critique, I'd make the muzzle diameter a little more modest, and work out which parts are supposed to be the moving parts of the slide.  It's got a fixed barrel at the front that seems to transition into a solid slide at the back, so it feels vaguely reminiscent of the devil's tuning fork optical illusion. (Each end sort of makes sense on its own, but they're a right mind screw together).

That said, I'll admit that I'm more pedantic than most about that kind of thing.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

gpemby

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on August 02, 2017, 02:53:16 AM
If you're looking for serious critique, I'd make the muzzle diameter a little more modest, and work out which parts are supposed to be the moving parts of the slide.  It's got a fixed barrel at the front that seems to transition into a solid slide at the back, so it feels vaguely reminiscent of the devil's tuning fork optical illusion. (Each end sort of makes sense on its own, but they're a right mind screw together).

That said, I'll admit that I'm more pedantic than most about that kind of thing.

It's an interesting point, I have based this on the Desert Eagle which does have a slightly different slide mechanism, as you can see: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/JBfst0r199s/hqdefault.jpg

Highlighted here is the area that I considered part of the slide but there is no where for the shell casing to go so it is in fact a useless pistol unless you fancy single shots and one bullet clips.

So I have raised a lip to bring the slider to a much more functional ability to eject the shell. The barrel is not final yet, just a place holder that needs the barrel hole cutting out.