Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Bring more guns

Started by mcjomar, June 03, 2017, 04:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcjomar

Two shoulder cannons, a rifle, a bionic arm with inbuilt laspistol, a boot knife, and three throwing knives.
No grenades though. Perhaps I should fix that...
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

KaptiDavy

Somehow he reminds me of a titan... the novel "Titanicus" featured an NPC who wore a rebreather mask fashioned after the faceplate of a titan ;)

mcjomar

Oddly enough that's sort of what I'm going for.
If you've ever played battletech, then the word "Timberwolf" (or possibly "Madcat") should say it all.
I pulled a similar trick with my mechanicus guy (who is now I think a seneschal for my Knight pilot warband).
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Lord Borak

Looking good man. Are those two MIU linked cannons on his back? That must weigh a ton!!! The Battletech arm looks good and the mortar 'connection point' came out well.

The little guns look great though, are they plasticard or plastic? If it's plasticard you have some seriously awesome plasticard skills!

Now you just need to plaster him in gubbinz :D

mcjomar

I wish I was that good!
No, the MIU guns on the thorian backpack are stolen from a 3d printed battletech MWO Catapult -K2 model.
They're a fantastic piece, and I've been wanting to do shoulder mounted guns for years - the Seneschal was the first time I got to try it, but these look better like this I think.

I do notice the left bionic arm sticks out further than a standard arm would, but I think that can be explained away by one method or another, as it honestly looks better with the shoulder mount like that, rather than if I'd drilled a hole into the side and just left it as-is.