Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

some space marine WIP

Started by cymrilian, June 23, 2017, 01:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cymrilian

I've finally found some time to work on some inq figures. Recently i've been inspired to build space marines. And I thought there may be some interest in the size comparison between different manufacturers.

First up is a group shot. From left to right. Noise Marine, Khorne Beserker, Death guard, Space Wolf, Artemis

For the noise marine, i've got some chaos looking pipes to add to his backpack, and i'm thinking a horn jutting out of his helmet.
The khorne berserker needs a khornate helmet (i'll need to source one from somewhere) and needs work on the backpack
The death guard is ready for painting. he is a bit larger than the others, but he is nurgle so it seems apt.
The space wolf looks a bit small, but his legs are quite bent so he is about the right height. he needs a head though. the one that came with the model is just too small. any suggestions?
Artemis is stock artemis. he also looks small next to the others but it is just the pose. he seems to scale well with the other figures.
the other space marine uses a head that someone is selling on ebay as a space marine alternative.

And close ups, with the other space marine

RobSkib

Holy smokes those are awesome! What are the source models? I can see parts of a re-cast artemis, but I can't for the life of me place the other models.
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

mcjomar

I've got a copy of the space wolf myself - it can be tracked down on ebay with a little effort. The official model is £40. The resin russian clone is £15.
I sort of recognize the nurgle marine, but I forget the source.
I feel as if I should recognize the noise marine parts but I can't place them at all.
No idea on the source for the berserker.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

gpemby

Oh wow I want that death guard model so much!!!!

cymrilian

noise marine = chaos perverted prince of daemons (something like that), by wargame exclusive
khorne berserker = scarab lord (not sure if it is still available to buy. was sold as a garage kit that a fan made to proxy magnus)
death guard = The Defiler by Michael Kontraros
space wolf = battle of frozenfang (and like mcjomar said, also available as a recast. don't know about recast quality though, as mine is an original)

mcjomar

Plastic recast quality of the Kontraros (yes?) space wolf is pretty good.
I knew I'd seen the nurgle guy before, and yep it's a Kontraros.
Kontraros also has (had?) a Not a Black Templar model. Not sure if it's still around.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

cymrilian

i've been thinking about getting that not-black templar kontraros you mention mcjomar. I assume it will scale okay with artemis, but has anybody bought it and can comment about it?

RobSkib

These are all new to me, I've been out of the loop for too long again  ::)

I'd love to get my hands on one of those Nurgle marines to paint, lawd knows when I would actually use it in a game but it's so damn perdy!
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

cymrilian

I agree Robskib, it is a really nice model. It's a shame that the original head is a bit small, but will be perfect for a chaos henchman instead.