Author Topic: Conclave updates and adjustments  (Read 198 times)

Offline MarcoSkoll

• Arch Data-Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Grand Lord Inquisitor
  • Time for some thrilling heroics.
Conclave updates and adjustments
« on: July 03, 2017, 03:47:50 PM »
You will probably notice that I have changed the Conclave's layout - I've moved the (rather inactive) roleplay boards to sit under the hobby section, to make it slightly less likely that newcomers post character development threads on the RP boards. Sorry if it's slightly irritating for the first few visits - you should get used to it!

A less immediately obvious change is an update to the automatic anti-spam measures; this has been hugely effective - an average of 40+ spam registrations per day has been reduced to none in the seven weeks since the change was made.
As such, the level of spam is now easily low enough to reactively moderate*, and I have chosen to disable the need for new accounts to be manually approved by the admins. Hopefully, this quicker registration process should make it easier for new members to get involved in the community.

*In the event that an occasional spammer should get through, please use the "report to moderator" function on any of their posts; we'll remove it and their account as soon as possible.
In the event that we should have lots of spammers get through, I'll re-enable admin approval.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 06:12:37 PM by MarcoSkoll »
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles