Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inquisitor Yorgi Mafile Karstev

Started by Radu Lykan, July 03, 2017, 11:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radu Lykan

This is my first go at imgur after the fiasco that is photobucket, if this works then I will gradually go back through my plogs and get them sorted

I can tell you with no ego, this is my finest sword. If on your journey, you should encounter God, God will be cut. :)
I wanted a sword for my newest inquisitor character yorgi mafile karstev,  I broke out the brass rod and a hammer and bashed it into shape, this is the first sword I have tried making in this way and it was very satisfying to do.

I sharpened it to a silly level but figured I don't want to cut myself every time I pick it up and so I have blunted it back down a bit.

Having attached the sword to the model and added a claw I am now after inspiration on 40k-ing him a bit, any ideas?

Do these laurels look ok?

Lord Borak

I Laurels looks fine. At first I thought they were horns ;) To 40k his arm up you could simply green stuff a small scanner or something? OR maybe add an Imperial Eagle (freehand)?

The Sword is AWESOME. I'm going to have to see what you use and how you'e done that when we finally get a game in!

RobSkib

Awesome! I think I'm going to have to adopt that method of sword-making for some of my fiddlier conversions. Looks very satisfying :P

I honestly didn't notice they were laurels until I read Borak's reply, I think I missed the text at the bottom of your images! Could we get some more perspective shots?

As for 40king it up a bit, I've always been a fan of that model because it's 90% 40k already. When in doubt, drill some holes in odd bits of his head/armour and add some thick guitar wire for tubes. Glue on some grenades and/or a pistol holster to a spare space on his hip and maybe scar up the armour a bit with some bullet holes. The rest will come out in the paint job!
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.