Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Mother of Mercy - 54mm INQ open event (18th November 2017 - Confirmed)

Started by RobSkib, July 05, 2017, 10:45:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobSkib

"Fiddle de dum, fiddle de dee, Mother One-Eye is after me" ~Folk song popular among the children of Mercy

Background
For almost eight centuries has Mercy stood as the last bastion of civilisation in the lawless expanse of the Nomad Stars to the galactic south of the Carthax Sector. For almost eight centuries has unimaginable wealth flowed into the sector through an opening in the Great Warp Storms that separated the two regions of space. For almost eight centuries has a mysterious creature known as Old Mother One-Eye been part of the nursery rhymes sung by the children of Mercy, the resident mystic that wise captains would consult before venturing deep into the Nomads, and the monster in the depths that even the wealthiest Rogue Trader or hardened Inquisitor would think twice about awakening.

Until now.

The Great Warp Storms are boiling over. The opening between the Nomad Stars and the Carthax Sector is threatening to collapse. Unnatural forces are at work to seal the only safe passageway.

The pampered elite of Carthax dismiss such claims as idle rumour-mongering, but the Inquisition knows the uncomfortable truth. Millions of industries rely on the raw wealth flowing from that section of space and produced some of the greatest technological discoveries by the Sector's finest Explorators. Worse, should the portal collapse and the warp storms expand, war efforts on the fringes of the sector will become isolated - the Alien and the Heretic will be free to strike at the heart of the Sector while the Navy is stranded. Death, disease and destruction will sweep through Carthax.

There is hope - your investigations and contacts all point to a singular entity: Old Mother One-Eye. Its motives for such wanton destruction after eight centuries of existence are unclear, but the consequences of inaction are apparent. Old Mother One-Eye must be stopped.

Details
Mother of Mercy is a one-day 54mm Inquisitor Open Event that will be hosted at Warhammer World in Nottingham. It will follow a familiar schedule to those used to Inquisitor events, with two small games followed by a finale.

Throughout the day you will be gathering evidence and resources to aid you in your ultimate goal - to confront Mother One-Eye and stop it (or help it, if you're heretically inclined...) from carving the Carthax Sector apart.

It will be an Open Event - anyone with or without models will be welcome and catered for. I will be bringing along numerous, accessible warbands so anyone interested in Inquisitor (or is merely passing by a table on the day!) can pick up and play with no prior knowledge whatsoever.

The full briefing will be on its way in the next few weeks, for now I'm just fishing for a date!

Date
The date has been booked for Saturday 18th November 2017.

Briefing
The briefing pack is available for any eager beavers who want to take a look before tomorrow. I'll be bringing along plenty of printed copies on the day.

Download it here.

[old, plz ignore]Please fill out this Doodle so I have a good idea as to when to host it! https://doodle.com/poll/8ss9uc3azqr73d94p[/old, plz ignore]

*sneaky edit* If you think you might be a 'maybe', could you tick yourself as available please? Doodle doesn't have a 'maybe' function, and it's easier for me to plan if maybes are registered as a green tick, and only mark yourself as unavailable if you're 100% not available. I'll do my best to incorporate as many people as I can.

An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

mcjomar

You can immediately colour me interested, and put me on the "probably" list, with a reasonably puritan Inquisitor in tow.
Not sure which specific one/group will be deployed to fight this accursed beast, so I'll bring a bunch along and decide on the day I guess.  ;D
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Lord Borak

December is a 'No-Go' for me due to work. I also have a week off at the end of October/beginning of November so that's a no go as well. Otherwise, any weekend is fine with me if I have notice to warn the wife!

Van Helser

Having not managed anything Inquisitor-related for too long, I am very interested.  However, wife and baby's needs come first.  Can't be much more than a maybe currently.

If I do come along, I'll be bringing non-Imperials - xenos or heretics.

Ruaridh

Cortez

I'm interested. I'm currently free every Saturday in August and September, not sure about October (I'm going to be away around the 17th of October but I'm not sure as to the exact dates, so probably not free on the 14th and 21st) and November at the moment, the earlier you book things the better as then I can keep that weekend clear.

RobSkib

Superb! Thanks for all the responses so far guys. My plan is to also reach out to BoLS, Warseer and a bunch of other websites where I know there's a sneaky underground Inquisitor movement who haven't quite made it onto the 'Clave yet, but one step at a time.

I appreciate all your efforts to make this event, for sure! For administrative purposes, if you think you might be a 'maybe', could you tick yourself as available please? Doodle doesn't have a 'maybe' function, and it's easier for me to plan if maybes are registered as a green tick, and only mark yourself as unavailable if you're 100% not available. I'll do my best to incorporate as many people as I can.
                                     +++++++

MarcoSkoll

I am, of course, always interested. You already have my availability from before (although I've had to slightly adjust it - theoretically, I hope to be running Inquisitor for one of my local club's open Saturdays on 28th October).

I've shared this to The Conclave's Facebook. I can also set up an event page over there if you want (although my experience is that although it attracts attention, it does not help as far as keeping things organised).
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

RobSkib

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on July 05, 2017, 12:56:02 PMI can also set up an event page over there if you want (although my experience is that although it attracts attention, it does not help as far as keeping things organised).

That'd be rad for exposure, but don't you need to assign a date for a FB event? Otherwise, so long as you point people towards the doodle, that should keep things under control. I'll keep pushing it for a few weeks before picking a date, going by popularity first and then shuffling it around to accommodate any old school Conclavers ;)
                                     +++++++

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: RobSkib on July 05, 2017, 08:53:39 PMThat'd be rad for exposure, but don't you need to assign a date for a FB event?
A range can be used until there's an actual date; people generally understand that an Inquisitor event isn't actually going to run for four months! It can be changed later when the date's set in stone.

If you want an FB event, I believe I can set up an event for the Conclave page and assign you as an organiser.
I've not actually tried doing that with an event for a page before though (just events on my personal FB account), so I may be wrong.

GW's =I= articles

greenstuff_gav

i stuck a couplea dates on but finances are limiting
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Lord Borak

I kinda like the idea of a 4 month inquisitor campaign..... My Wife might not though...

TheNephew

I've ticked a bunch of Saturdays post-September.
I've got too much post-grad stuff on until then, and travel there and back Sunday just isn't practical, and I don't think spending for a hostel/hotel is either, at least unless it's a two-day  event.

Hopefully this can be the WHW event for the year for me though.

Lord Borak

Actually, a two day event might be a bit better. It's a lot of travelling for one day and it means less of a rush to get back home. Although, it does mean a hotel for the night but they're not too expensive.

mcjomar

Everything is cheaper up north  ;D
Hotels in nottinghamshire are half the price of hotels in southampton - I can speak from experience.

I'm lucky that I'll probably be able to borrow a room at my parents house though, so all I have to worry about is fuel costs and such  :)
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

MarcoSkoll

Although I could probably do a two day event, I'm sure there are those who can't.

If anyone is interested in a full weekend of gaming, it may be better for that to be handled as two separate events, so that anyone who can only do one day doesn't feel like they're missing out on half of the story.

GW's =I= articles