Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Mother of Mercy - 54mm INQ open event (18th November 2017 - Confirmed)

Started by RobSkib, July 05, 2017, 10:45:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobSkib

Okay so slight update! 25th is the Warhammer World open day, and even if they did have any free tables that day, they would be charging people on entry, so we're rescheduling ;)

After a bit of back and forth the only day with the boards I wanted is Saturday November 18th, as we'll have four standard boards and the fancy Shadow War Mining Facility board.
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

mcjomar

Okay, I'll check in with the fiancée tonight to see if I can scrape the 18th.
This might be workable for me.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

MarcoSkoll

Cool beans, as some might say. I've updated the Facebook event page to match, and shared it around again.

I've also checked my calendar again, and it looks like I'm still all clear for the 18th, so count me in.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

RobSkib

Fabulicious, apologies for the [EXCOMMUNICATE]about. I'll get some nice literature done up so I can spam the internet airwaves now we've got a date.

Odd sidenote: I was unable to book *any* normal tables at all, but I have booked four of their (very impressive) feature tables. What does this mean for you? More impressive brawls and multi-level shenanigans! What does this mean for me? How the hell do I write in a citadel made of skulls onto a space station?!

+++++++

Cortez

A Chaos battlecruiser instead?

I think the 18th is ok.

mcjomar

Quote from: RobSkib on September 11, 2017, 01:52:04 PM
How the hell do I write in a citadel made of skulls onto a space station?!

Is Chaos corruption going to be an issue?
Warpgates maybe?
The Warhammer 40k Chaos Gate PC game had a level where the ultramarines fought the word bearers within the confines of a mostly-stable warp realm/chaos planet/something like that (obviously the heretics were roundly trounced, and the marines returned home for a parade in the Emperor's honour!).

Maybe it's buried in the bowels of the station where pretty much nobody ever goes, and a heretical cult has taken gradual control, but only now has the Imperium begun to notice?
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

RobSkib

We shall see! I'll rustle something up alright, no problem ;)

As for the tables we have Mining Facility 42, the Ruins of Dras'Shiel and the Valley of Skulls, you can see a few (somewhat tiny) pictures of the boards on Warhammer World's events page here.

I also booked a hitherto unannounced table called Empyrea 7, which is currently undergoing playtesting at the time of writing so I wasn't able to get any pictures. However, Edd the WHW email bandit could confirm that it is the board being developed in this sneak preview, which is perfect for our needs.
                                     +++++++

Cortez

Ooh they look good! Is the mining facility the one with all the pipes and toxic sludge? I've always wanted to use that one. The new table looks good too, almost perfect for Inquisitor.

The other two look more problematic and we'll definitely need some scatter terrain for the valley of skulls.

MarcoSkoll

Mining Facility 42 is, I believe, what used to be the Goblin Town board, which I always thought would be a great table for Inquisitor. These days, it's kind of reminiscent of the first two tables from the WD Inquisitor battle reports.

I do actually quite like The Ruins of Dras'Shiel table - I've looked at it before and thought it looked oddly suitable for Inquisitor (the Realmgates are less than ideal, but hey). I had a mental picture of it as it sitting in a viewing dome at the top of a Hive spire, the once grand gardens of a now-long forgotten noble family.

EDIT: Rob, I should add that now I'm pretty sure I can be there, you are welcome to borrow any of my 54mm motor pool if it's of use to you.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Lord Borak

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on September 11, 2017, 09:23:26 PM
EDIT: Rob, I should add that now I'm pretty sure I can be there, you are welcome to borrow any of my 54mm motor pool if it's of use to you.

Ditto. I have 10 Guardsmen and 5 Catachans (would work as Gangers). Plus a whole heap of other characters which I don't mind loaning out. Unfortunately none of the guardsmen are painted. I might be able to get some paint on them in a pinch if required but nothing more than a base coat.

I might have to book a week off just to get some painting one but with a house move looming I'm not sure I can spare the holiday.

mcjomar

It looks like I should be able to make the 18th of november, so I'll likely be there also.
Not sure what among my collection would be of use, but I'm sure it could be handy for NPCs?

Holiad

Quote from: RobSkib on September 11, 2017, 01:52:04 PM
Fabulicious, apologies for the [EXCOMMUNICATE]about. I'll get some nice literature done up so I can spam the internet airwaves now we've got a date.

Odd sidenote: I was unable to book *any* normal tables at all, but I have booked four of their (very impressive) feature tables. What does this mean for you? More impressive brawls and multi-level shenanigans! What does this mean for me? How the hell do I write in a citadel made of skulls onto a space station?!

This *is* 40k, therefore there is a certain required quota of skulls for any architectural design. Maybe an early era imperial clerk misspelled a 'required skill quota', and the mistake stuck...
Poor noble Marech
Noone 'till the end could see
Your brave heart of fire

TheNephew

I'll need to check with the boss, but I think I should be able to make it.
Standard 10:30ish (or whenever the IGTs were) start?

RobSkib

I'll have a proper rota sorted out some point soon, but I'd like to get cracking at 10. I'm looking at wangling the schedule to see if I can squeeze an extra hour or two into the final game, I don't want to rush that one!

Quote from: mcjomar on September 12, 2017, 08:17:11 AMNot sure what among my collection would be of use, but I'm sure it could be handy for NPCs?

Anyone who can be an NPC can be a PC as well ;) Bring along any and all models you want to, there will be plenty of opportunities written in for people to show off their centrepiece models as NPCs.

Quote from: Lord Borak on September 12, 2017, 07:50:24 AMI have 10 Guardsmen and 5 Catachans (would work as Gangers). Plus a whole heap of other characters which I don't mind loaning out. Unfortunately none of the guardsmen are painted. I might be able to get some paint on them in a pinch if required but nothing more than a base coat.

Do what you can amigo! Like I've mentioned, I'm not short on NPCs, so anyone who brings anything along is icing on the cake. Bring along anything you want to show off, or take your time on one of your display pieces instead.

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on September 11, 2017, 09:23:26 PMI should add that now I'm pretty sure I can be there, you are welcome to borrow any of my 54mm motor pool if it's of use to you.

Mercy does have a Death Race-style racing dome...
                                     +++++++

Van Helser

Unfortunately it's looking less and less likely that I can attend.  The MSc I've just started is probably going to keep me busy every weekend and the cost of it means there's very little disposable income in my pocket.  May be able to shift some stuff on eBay to make up for the shortfall.  So if anyone is after historical figures, let me know...

Ruaridh