Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Mother of Mercy - 54mm INQ open event (18th November 2017 - Confirmed)

Started by RobSkib, July 05, 2017, 10:45:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcjomar

Okay, so just reconfirming that I will be attending this.
That weekend is clear, so I'm good to go.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

greenstuff_gav

i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Cortez

RobSkib

Fantastic! We should have a good turnout :)

As a slightly fluffy update, I've added some information about the titular space station Mercy on the Carthax wiki here.

I'm hoping to have some more detailed packs coming soon!
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Lord Borak

Cortez

Hmmm. I'm wondering which team to use now.

My newish team (some of them are overhauled old models that haven't seen the light of day in a long time) led by a Thorian Inquisitor of the Ordo Hereticus, Inquisitor Cortez who will no doubt see lots of opportunities to force the Sector/Empire to reform due to the impending catastrophe, or Isabella von Ravensberg who will want to take control of this warp entity and make it serve her master, watching the sector burn would be an acceptable compromise.

What teams are everyone else planning on using?

mcjomar

I'm trying to decide on either Inquisitor Mordecai (probably not though, because I need to strip the face off the ganger, and I still haven't decided if the tech priest needs further modelling), Inquisitor Morannon (she's got that cool shield thing, but it would be Jack as an Interrogator), or maybe Inquisitor Jomar (this would involve a bolt pistol and a power sword being on the table, backed up by a plasma gun, and other assorted lunacy).

I'm strongly leaning toward using Inquisitor Morannon, because I prefer the models/characters overall, even though it might mean ignoring the time-space continuum, and making up a load of lies about warp travel.
I mean, I could bring Inquisitor Helena, but that warband is a bit too similar to one of Gav's (I think?) so probably not (and I'm pretty sure I need to re-re-re-re-re-review the background for that warband anyway).
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Cortez

I'd go with Morannon. She's a great looking model.

As for Fluff issues, there's plenty of warp weirdness in the area of space we're heading too, so you've got a ready made excuse. However do you even need an excuse? Is she definitely 100% deceased? (have we seen the body ;)). You could use her in the present day without Junior Jack (rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated) or you could even do a 'Dread Pirate Roberts' and have someone claiming that they're Inquisitor Morannon.

mcjomar

All pretty true.
I don't think she's dead though, just probably really old.
Or I could just ignore the original ideas for the timelines when things occurred and bring her anyway.

Cortez

With the rejuve techniques people can live for 3-400 years in the 40k universe. So too old isn't necessarily a problem. Alternatively you could just adjust the fluff like you said.

MarcoSkoll

I'm currently planning to bring Inquisitor Skoll, assuming I can get their new models finished without dropping the ball with the London GT stuff (any more than I already am, anyway).

That's more because it's been an embarrassingly long time since I've shown up with new character models than because of any particularly fluffy reason, but it has the potential to be interesting either way.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

Other question: Rob, is there anything you need me to show up with?

I'm assuming you're not desperate for anything, given the obscene size of your collection, but I can offer things like my NPC guard, Rhino/Razorback* and Sentinel.

* I'm guessing you've probably not got a particular demand for the Rhino on a network of asteroids (although the  load lifting Sentinel wouldn't be out of place, although unfortunately I don't have anything for it to unload - my long time "maybe I should build an Arvus" project has never gone anywhere), but I may well bring it anyway, it's a good attention grabber.

GW's =I= articles

RobSkib

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on November 12, 2017, 01:22:12 PM
* I'm guessing you've probably not got a particular demand for the Rhino on a network of asteroids (although the  load lifting Sentinel wouldn't be out of place, although unfortunately I don't have anything for it to unload - my long time "maybe I should build an Arvus" project has never gone anywhere), but I may well bring it anyway, it's a good attention grabber.

*cough*  ::)

As for the sentinel, definitely! One of the tables we have booked is Empyrea 7, a definite loading/unloading zone. I think all the crates are glued to the table, but I have a few containers of my own I can bring along for some hot powerlifting action.
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Cortez

Do you want me to bring the Valkyrie? Not sure whether they're space capable or atmospheric flight only.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: RobSkib on November 13, 2017, 09:39:05 AM*cough*
I saw that, but the phrases "high octane races" and "30 tonne armoured personnel carrier" tend not to be used in the same sentence, other than to express the unlikelihood of them appearing in the same sentence. :P

In that case, I think it'd probably look a bit out of place compared to your trucks and buggies, which are much better suited for such a role. After all, yours are made from 28mm kits and I accidentally made mine about 20% overscale*.
* I've said it before, but I misinterpreted the Imperial Armour dimensions - for some reason, I scaled it by the quoted height, not the length... and that quoted height included a storm bolter, but the technical drawings in the book didn't. (On the upside, the mistake made it big enough to fit most characters in the back).

QuoteAs for the sentinel, definitely! One of the tables we have booked is Empyrea 7, a definite loading/unloading zone.
Cool. We'll see if anyone tries to steal it and wreak carnage this time. (It got hit with a Machine Empathy at the IRE playtest day and fired a burst of autocannon shells across the table, but that's not a proper rampage).

Quote from: Cortez on November 13, 2017, 10:09:26 AM
Do you want me to bring the Valkyrie? Not sure whether they're space capable or atmospheric flight only.
Normally, atmospheric only - they have a quoted service ceiling of about 13 km, about the same as a typical commercial airliner. (As opposed to Arvuses or Aquilas, which have a quoted ceiling of "N/A").

That said, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if somewhere in some BL book there was some void-modified variant (either as specially converted examples or as a different pattern), so I'd say bring it.

GW's =I= articles